I’m having an anxiety upset. I keep saying I hate living in this world. Please help.

Rory17

Reaction score
Hello 👋,
This isn’t just vegan-related, but I’m Autistic and I suffer very badly with anxiety. I just went into my mum at a ridiculous hour asking about getting my sleep-in headphones working. She got really cross. I got really upset (crying, not angry). I desperately wanted compassion from my mum, but she just got really angry. She got really mean. She tapped me angrily. She said mean things.
I have anxiety over not looking after myself properly. I have anxiety over my binge eating. I have anxiety over wanting a dog and not being able to have one. I have great anxiety and sensitivity when other people get mean and angry.
I kept saying I hate my life. I kept thinking on the lines of hating living in this world. I do a lot of campaigning online. There’s so much animal cruelty, world poverty, violence and animal slaughter in this world. Most people aren’t even vegan, including my family.
I want to get therapy and we’ve tried and tried. I have numerous self-help books and I’m on medication for anxiety.
I’m still crying.
Please help.
Thank you 😊.

rogerjolly

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Hi Rory,

I cannot offer you much help. I have little experience with autism. But I do know that it is good to have a safe place to have a little rant when you need it. That place is here.

I also know that the NHS is in a dreadful state at the moment regards counselling with waiting lists of several months. Anxiety is a bit like having a broken leg. You need immediate treatment.

The only way you can overcome this is to pester your GP. Then pester your GP. Then pester your GP again. Then………….

Good luck,

Roger.

Elisabeth65

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Hello Rory

Don't know what to say on how to help but I do know how you feel. I've had lifelong problems with depression/anxiety - luckily for me Seroxat came along 20 years ago which has helped to lessen the problem.

So very very sorry that you are not allowed to have a dog - have you thought about doing 'voluntary dog walking' for local elderly folk (check online).

There is a really good book online called 'The Forbidden Religion' its a freebie - I often read it as like yourself I feel that I hate living in this world (it is not a nice place and this book explains why) and its because of non-veganism and have felt like this for the best part of my entire 65 years to date. The book makes you realise that its okay to not be happy clappy here as in truth it is not a very nice place in fact its a bloodbath and the animals are the unfortunate victims.

Try not to binge eat it solves nothing (and I do know how you feel) feel like doing it myself but don't as I'm depressed enough as it is.

So please give the book a try - its a freebie so you might as well - who knows you might find it helpful and might even find the answers that you are looking for.

Love Liz

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Elisabeth65

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Hi Rory,

I cannot offer you much help. I have little experience with autism. But I do know that it is good to have a safe place to have a little rant when you need it. That place is here.

I also know that the NHS is in a dreadful state at the moment regards counselling with waiting lists of several months. Anxiety is a bit like having a broken leg. You need immediate treatment.

The only way you can overcome this is to pester your GP. Then pester your GP. Then pester your GP again. Then………….

Good luck,

Roger.
Hello Roger

I'm a 65 vegan female living in London. Wondering if you would like to swap phone numbers it would be nice to have a vegan in my own age group to chat to occasionally.

Kind regards

Liz

• 👍
Reactions: shyvas