Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
not the only time it's happened.
In 2008:
Police in Italy have issued footage of a man who is suspected of hypnotising supermarket checkout staff to hand over money from their cash registers.
In every case, the last thing staff reportedly remember is the thief leaning over and saying: "Look into my eyes", before finding the till empty.

In the latest incident captured on CCTV, he targeted a bank at Ancona in northern Italy, then calmly walked out.

A female bank clerk reportedly handed over nearly 800 euros (£630).
BBC NEWS | World | Europe | 'Hypnotist' thief hunted in Italy

I suppose a bank clerk, or till operator is used to handing over money, so all a hypnotist has to do is implant the suggestion that that the hypnotist is owed that much change, or money, and that it is a usual situation.

In the OP, I guess the hypnotist got the guy to accept that being touched was not unusual, and that he could just empty his wallet.

I hope it doesn't spread to the US. How do you insure against something like that? I guess store owners wanting insurance would have to state on the forms that they and their employees are not susceptible to hypnotic suggestion.

I went to a show by this hypnotist Kreskin, and he asked volunteers to come to the stage for a mass hypnosis. I ended up sneaking off the stage when everyone else was hypnotized except me! Now I'm glad, I don't want to be sneak hypnotized!

Reactions: Amy SF