Human voice vs. animal voice

Depends on the animal and depends on the human as well!
Some humans I can't stand to listen to...oh..wait..that's most humans...

I was walking by the farm recently. There was unusual activity. The rooster was making noise and the cows were making noise. I could sit there for hours just listening to that. They're generally quiet when I walk by, so that was a treat. In general, I'd definitely say I prefer animal voices.

Reactions: mary1
I had a neighbor who complained about my rooster (who seldom crowed and never in the morning).
We both lived close to the highway, a bar, and the railroad tracks.
Just an ***.

Every day when the weather was good I let the chickens out of their kennel (I had the chicken house inside a kennel).
I used to sit/nap in my yard all day long with my chickens and listen to them cluck. I found it peaceful. A couple of them used to occasionally roost on me in order to tell me things (usually about the other chickens - I had some tattle-tails) or just to rest.
I miss my chickens. Can't have them where I live now, I had to give mine to my second cousin.

Reactions: KLS52 and Tom L.
:p When I was a kid I remember the cockerel being really loud on my family's farm in Ireland.:chickens: I like the sound of most birds, we have pigeons on our roof and I can hear them cooing away.

I'm quite intolerant to any noise I don't want to hear so I don't like a lot of voices/ accents on humans and the sound of barking dogs annoys me too.:oops:

It depends on the person or animal. Some human voices are relaxing to listen to, especially when they are singing, but most are somewhat irritating. It's wonderful to listen to all the birds early in the morning before the rest of the humans here are up, but the landlord has a dog who kind of bark howls, which creates a high pitched, grating, ear splitting sound which is just horrible.

When I was working nights, and it was summer, so I wanted my windows open for the breeze, I had a CD of budgies chirping that I would put on continuous play, so I could sleep. It covered any outside noises (white noise). Budgies sound like sparrows, which I find soothing. I think they're a happy sound. Plus down in my lizard brain they probably mean I'm safe, as they would shut up if any predators came by.

--I tried looking for a rainfall CD first, as I find that soothing also, but every CD I tried (I bought 2) at some point started to play thunder which would wake me up. -You would think white noise CD's wouldn't have thunder.
--I also tried music but I would have dreams involving the songs and after a while I didn't find it very restful. -Tori Amos gave me some really strange dreams.

I was talking about the clucking of my chickens and then you said "I prefer my rabbit". I made a connection between your rabbit, my chickens clucking and the Cadbury egg commercials with the clucking rabbit (around Easter). I thought it was amusing (probably only to me).

Sorry for the confusion

--I tried looking for a rainfall CD first, as I find that soothing also, but every CD I tried (I bought 2) at some point started to play thunder which would wake me up. -You would think white noise CD's wouldn't have thunder.
--I also tried music but I would have dreams involving the songs and after a while I didn't find it very restful. -Tori Amos gave me some really strange dreams.
I hope the rainfall CDs weren't being marketed as sleep aids.

Anyway, I don't think I can decide. It depends on the animal or the human who's speaking.

I was talking about the clucking of my chickens and then you said "I prefer my rabbit". I made a connection between your rabbit, my chickens clucking and the Cadbury egg commercials with the clucking rabbit (around Easter). I thought it was amusing (probably only to me).

Sorry for the confusion

Oh I didn't make the connection because I haven't seen those commercials.

I'm with the 'it depends' group. I mostly prefer human I think. I always have the tv on, even if its just for background noise. I love the sounds of nature but I would miss the human voice if it weren't around.

My daughter has recently developed her first "pretend" voice, that she uses in play when her characters speak. I find that quite endearing.

A cat's purr is also very nice. It's very relaxing, like it resonates with the sleep centre in my brain.

I also like the crowing of ravens. Where I'm from, ravens mostly stay away from humans (as opposed to crows and mag pies) so when you hear a raven crow, it's a sign you're far away from humans and human activity, which to me is nice - nice that such places still exist.

Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
I have nature sounds on my iPhone...I like the beach with seagulls and also the soft bubbles.

Whether the voice is welsh or not is a big component of this question.

Yeah I think it depends on the human or animal.