UK Human Food organic bars

Anil D

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
Hi - I am a journalist and was working on a lifestyle feature about getting back to playing cricket after nearly forty years. I saw that Human Food claimed their bars were scientifically proven to improve reactions and decision making so I tried them out - it was really fascinating.
Here's a link to the piece - I hope you find it interesting

I'v looked up the sugar content per bar and see that it contains a whooping 21 grams. That's not considered as 'smart' or even healthy.

I imagine that they would be handy for those who do intensive sport and not be considered as a daily meal/snack.

''Adults should have no more than 30g of free sugars a day, (roughly equivalent to 7sugar cubes). Children aged 7 to 10 should have no more than 24g of free sugars a day (6 sugar cubes). Children aged 4 to 6 should have no more than 19g of freesugars a day (5 sugar cubes).''

NHS

This webpage shows their ingredients: HUMAN FOOD BARS . It doesn't look like the bars contain processed sugar per se, although they do contain concentrated apple juice (which is basically sugar).

On the pricey side. £3.30 per bar.

The whole "energy bar" market is so crowded with existing products - Luna Bar, Clif Bar, PowerBar, Nature's Valley, Tiger's Milk, Kind Bar, Larabar. The "10% reaction time improvement" is just a gimmick to gain market traction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lou
If you make date paste by pouring hot water over dates and blend, then mix with nut butter, cocoa, seeds, ground or quick oats, then chill before rolling out and cutting bars or rolling in balls.
Or just use a food processor for walnuts and dates- or even raisins. Add whatever stuff you like-like Larabars
You can add the same "superfoods" as Human food does.