How to make milk out of sprouted grains?

Alexnt

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Ive been trying to mill grain with a meat grinder, but even with a plate with the smallest holes i get quite big pieces of grain at the end. I need a device like a mill to make it into homogeneous paste; but even if took a mill, i dont think it would be suitable for this job, because it is for dry grain and mine is wet. Im thinking about getting a big heavy antique brass mortar with pestle; will it do the job?

Ive been trying to mill grain with a meat grinder, but even with a plate with the smallest holes i get quite big pieces of grain at the end. I need a device like a mill to make it into homogeneous paste; but even if took a mill, i dont think it would be suitable for this job, because it is for dry grain and mine is wet. Im thinking about getting a big heavy antique brass mortar with pestle; will it do the job?

Are you trying to avoid using electricity for some reason? Like is this for camping or other outback use where you do not want to rely on electricity?

Because otherwise I think just a regular good blender should be fine. I sometimes make pastes out of wet grains and have found that to get a good consistency without junks it's usually a matter of just adding enough water to cover them. When done, you can add more water to your desired preference but for blending too much water can mean chunks.

Reactions: betiPT