How long would you have to listen to nazi rock before turning into a nazi?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This was a question that came up in discussion with an old friend on a certain evil social media platform.

Assuming it was some really good nazi rock or nazi pop.
Assuming you were at a vulnerable phase in your life.
Assuming other factors also pushed you in that direction.

Basically, the real question is, do you see music potentially playing a role in converting people to violent ideologies or sects?

Or is music somehow always a force for good? (Personally, I think that is a rather naive belief!)

This was a question that came up in discussion with an old friend on a certain evil social media platform.

Assuming it was some really good nazi rock or nazi pop.
Assuming you were at a vulnerable phase in your life.
Assuming other factors also pushed you in that direction.

Basically, the real question is, do you see music potentially playing a role in converting people to violent ideologies or sects?

Or is music somehow always a force for good? (Personally, I think that is a rather naive belief!)
There is something rational in both statements. Being a musician my whole life, i can say that sertain sorts of music you listen every day and the pieces of art might affect you dramatically or form your personality. As i understand it, electromagnetic spectrum of the objects has both light (=>colour) and radiowave (=>sound) components, and can have an impact on your own electromagnetic field. I'm sorry, i can't explain it properly, but i'm pretty sure you know all this stuff. But what i know for sure is that having contact with destructive art, music and literature can destroy your personality or, vice versa, if it is constructive, heal one's even fatal deseases. That's why we have such things as art therapy and music therapy. E.g. it is not a coincidence how plants or water molecules react to hard rock or to classical music. Human beings have more in common with all expressions of the nature than we can think of. Who ever he (it) was who created the universe and the mankind, he had forseen everything, - every possible connection between an individual and cosmos. What is more, many processes that take place in our three-dimensional space can serve as an example and proof of anisotropic universe.:rose::)

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
I don'T think Nazi Rock (or pop/punk/metal/whatever) can "make you a Nazi" unless you already do have some inclinations in that direction......

I don'T think Nazi Rock (or pop/punk/metal/whatever) can "make you a Nazi" unless you already do have some inclinations in that direction......
What about nazi literature? Meh:shrug:, on the other hand if you are not interested, you won't even touch it or won't take it seriously. Once i met a young nazi, and for an unknown reason he gave me a book "The nazism ideology" as a gift. I read some parts of it, and surprisingly, it was the refutation of the nazism theories, if you look deeper! Anyway, it mostly was a historical book, not a propaganda or something. But he (that guy) took everything literally. So, the understanding of every dogma, theory, statement, philosophy or ideology depends on someone's level of education and narrow-mindness.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
As discussed in Jamie's thread recently, having a preference for people from one's own group appears to be 'natural' in babies, and will only go away with education. Nazi music could build on that sentiment. Literature, discussion forums (!) and so forth could also contribute.

Last edited:
As discussed in Jamie's thread recently, having a preference for people from one's own group appears to be 'natural' in babies, and will only go away with education. Nazi music could build on that sentiment. Literature, discussion forums (!) and so forth could also contribute.
Nothing there really seemed to prove anything. As I, and others who weren't born into segregated communities, it doesn't ring true

I don't think it would turn me into a Nazi, but it might well turn me into a murderer if I was forced to listen to it for any length of time.

That was my thought as well.
Would possibly also work if I had to listen to House music over a longer time.