How Do You Spend Your Birthday?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3018
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3018

I was wondering, if any of you might want to tell something about their birthday. :)
Some examples, would be:

How do you usually spent your birthday?
Do you have a certain activity on your special day, or do you just go with the flow?
When is your birthday?
Do you have a birthday story?
Do you like to have presents, or are you more of a minimalist?

I have never done anything special, really.
But I do get a floating paid holiday and this year I'm taking it the day after my birthday, which happens to be a Friday, and it also happens to be the day after some last day of school

Sadly I'll be spending the early morning hours at the DMV renewing my license, lol ?

Reactions: Deleted member 3018

I usually spend my birthday doing something that makes me happy.

Do you have a certain activity on your special day, or do you just go with the flow?

I usually do something cool, like go to the beach, make special food, go out, or generally celebrate.

When is your birthday?

June 4th

I was a child who enjoyed birthday parties at roller skating rinks and swimming pools, and that is a story. But my birthday I share with Angelina Jolie and the Chinese uprising on Tinninman Square. My favorite birthday was that I shared with the animals, when I protested on National Animal Rights Day. I'm ecstatic my birthday clashes with NARD. I can't think of a more meaningful way to spend my birthday.

Do you like to have presents, or are you more of a minimalist?

I got a lot of presents as a child, but now I get near zero. My only presents this year were a day off of work and free sauna sessions at the local yoga studio. My grandparents raised me as an 80s child and right now I'm basically an immigrant, because ....well....no one cares what I get for my birthday. I am a classic millennial who went from everything to nothing privilege. It has driven me constantly as a human being in my pursuit of life.

For my 31st birthday I soaked all day in a hot spring while reading classic sci-fi. Camped that night and enjoyed some high quality intoxicants. Rode my mountain bike ~20mi of fun trail back into civilization the next day.

Usually I don't do anything special...that was perfect though.

For my 31st birthday I soaked all day in a hot spring while reading classic sci-fi. Camped that night and enjoyed some high quality intoxicants. Rode my mountain bike ~20mi of fun trail back into civilization the next day.

Did you spend the night at the hot spring?
what classic sci-fi?
and if you don't mind me asking, what intoxicant?

Yeah, camped about 1/3mi from the hot spring. I read H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man. Puffed on some herb throughout the day and had Avery's Maharaja double IPA...the flask of Blanton's bourbon was the real treat.

Oh. boy. that does sound like a good birthday.
when you said classic science fiction I was thinking Vonnegut or Heinlein. Wells is super classic. maybe primordial Science Fiction.

The invisible man may be one of the first science fiction archetypes. Right along with mad scientists and time machines.

My favorite Invisible Man spin-off is the book Memoirs of an Invisible Man by Saint.
It is very respectful of the original but takes place in almost the present. It was written in the 80s. Very clever. and LOL funny sometimes.
They did make it into a movie (Starring Chevy Chase and Daryl Hannah) which can be skipped.

My sisters and I all have our birthdays in April, May, and June. Most of the time we just celebrate all the birthdays together.
This year we have been meeting for lunch - one per person.
we exchange presents and have cake.

Not much but its enough.

Being with your loved ones is very special, if you ask me. :)

I dont celebrate my birthday anymore

I dont like being reminded that im getting older :weary_face:
D'aww... :(

I see my birthdays this way: I have stayed alive one more year, and I never thought I could make it this far.
But this approach doesn't work for everyone, I get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mavrick45

Well... That's epic.

Reactions: Sax
I usually spend my birthday doing something that makes me happy.

I usually do something cool, like go to the beach, make special food, go out, or generally celebrate.

I was a child who enjoyed birthday parties at roller skating rinks and swimming pools, and that is a story. But my birthday I share with Angelina Jolie and the Chinese uprising on Tinninman Square. My favorite birthday was that I shared with the animals, when I protested on National Animal Rights Day. I'm ecstatic my birthday clashes with NARD. I can't think of a more meaningful way to spend my birthday.

The way you spent your special day sounds fun to me. Also, celebrating during the National Animal Rights Day is awesome.
I find your birthday story lovely.

I have never done anything special, really.
But I do get a floating paid holiday and this year I'm taking it the day after my birthday, which happens to be a Friday, and it also happens to be the day after some last day of school

Sadly I'll be spending the early morning hours at the DMV renewing my license, lol ?
I you are content with doing nothing special, you do you. ;)
Sounds very pragmatic. :)

I went out to a concert for my birthday this year. I only started going out to gigs again last year after a long break because of illness.

I saw the concert this March but I left early and we decided not to eat out at a restaurant beforehand to save money.

If I had known what mid March would bring (bloody lockdown) I would have definitely enjoyed the concert more and eaten at one of my favourite restaurants! :(