OSes How do I stop 'My computer' file from opening automatically on startup

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Whenever I start up my computer, the my computer file opens automatically. This wouldn't be such a big deal (it's easy enough to just close it) except I can't do anything until it's done loading and opening it.

I've tried everything I could find on the internet, which isn't much. Most of it's aimed at windows 7 and I have the problem child, windows 8.

There isn't anything in any of the start-up folders, I don't see it loaded in task manager, I've tried the registry edits that were suggested. I saw it mentioned that Adobe products, especially flash, could cause that, so I removed the flash player. I have other Adobe products, but they've been installed for over a year, and this just started a few months ago. I don't recall installing anything new around the time this started.

I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

I checked the folder options and Userinit before, but not the PersistBrowsers.

Hmmm....looked and I don't have that option. It must be in Win7.

Yeah, I did a google search and can't find anything additional from what you've already tried. :(

I know. :(
I really need to just accept that it can't be fixed and stop wasting so much time trying.

I am a Windows 7 user, so really don't know what you are talking about.

But there is a piece of freeware that I have just seen mentioned. I've never tried it, know very little about it, and the technical stuff is way over my head.

Autorun Organizer 1.30 - Advanced Autorun Manager for Windows

There is a Q & A forum on the website. It might be worthwhile to put your question there.

P.S. There is a typo in the file description. It is not 1.9 MBs, it is 4.9 MBs.