Animal Advocacy How Animal Avocates Avoid Depression

I only got halfway through but an interesting read

Yes, I often wonder how they manage. I have such a hard time just driving, sometimes, and seeing road kill, not to mention all of the stuff that is circulating on social media. :(

Reactions: kelli
Yes, I often wonder how they manage. I have such a hard time just driving, sometimes, and seeing road kill, not to mention all of the stuff that is circulating on social media. :(

Same here. I usually see a hedgehog dead and or a cat every other day and feel sick. I also try and sign most petitions but just reading them makes me ill.

Reactions: kelli
You have to admire animal activists and their way of coping as described in the blog is a good recipe for keeping depression at bay and for life in general.

Reactions: bEt
I've found a lot of the things that article advises to do really work: physical exercise (although you have to be careful at first if you haven't done it for quite some time) (My Captain Obvious statement for the week). Also socializing with family (if you get along with them :devil: ) and friends.

Reactions: bEt and FlandersOD
Thanks for sharing your informational knowledge related to the animals. I hope it will be the helpful for the peoples.

I've been... I don't know how to put it. I'm not "depressed"... and I haven't lost any animal companions for quite some time, so it doesn't go in the "Memorial" thread. I've just been having bouts of missing animals I've known years past. I'd rather do that than forget them, but I wish I could remember them happily (which I do lots of times- but lately I've been missing them).

I've been... I don't know how to put it. I'm not "depressed"... and I haven't lost any animal companions for quite some time, so it doesn't go in the "Memorial" thread. I've just been having bouts of missing animals I've known years past. I'd rather do that than forget them, but I wish I could remember them happily (which I do lots of times- but lately I've been missing them).
I can sympathize/empathize. I find myself doing that too, sometimes.
I still get the feelings of “what if”…even from pets who have passed years ago. I try not to dwell on whether or not I did enough, did I let them go too soon…did I wait too long…it’s awful. I guess it’s somewhat normal and an indication of how much we loved them, when we can still think about them years later. ♥️