Hoping for a healthier lifestyle

searching4peace

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a 23 year old girl. I am from the USA. I want to become a lacto ovo vegetarian. I want to be vegetarian because I want to be healthier and more active. I have depression and anxiety. I think changing my diet will help with that. I plan to start doing hula hooping. It's seems so fun! I hope to get good advice tips recipes and information about vegetarianism. :smitten:

Welcome to VeggieViews! :welcome:

Please, ask all the questions you want. We'll be happy to help you out on your journey to your new life.

Welcome on board the veggie boat :)

I've visited the US several times (my wife is from there). It's one of the better places to go veggie, though there are some dark spots on the map. Are you somewhere with a decent selection of at least the basics?

Welcome! As someone who has suffered from lifelong bouts of anxiety and depression, I can definitely attest that exercise helps a lot! It helps you concentrate on the moment, gives you more confidence, gets those endorphins flowing, and gives you more energy overall. Finding a form of exercise that is enjoyable and fun is very important too, so you are already well on your way!

Best wishes on your vegetarian journey! We love to talk about food here, so ask plenty of questions! :)

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Welcome on board the veggie boat :)

I've visited the US several times (my wife is from there). It's one of the better places to go veggie, though there are some dark spots on the map. Are you somewhere with a decent selection of at least the basics?

Hello nice to meet you. I live in Georgia. And I don't know. What are the basics?

Welcome! As someone who has suffered from lifelong bouts of anxiety and depression, I can definitely attest that exercise helps a lot! It helps you concentrate on the moment, gives you more confidence, gets those endorphins flowing, and gives you more energy overall. Finding a form of exercise that is enjoyable and fun is very important too, so you are already well on your way!

Best wishes on your vegetarian journey! We love to talk about food here, so ask plenty of questions! :)

Hi and thank you so much! :)

Hi everyone. I am a 23 year old girl. I am from the USA. I want to become a lacto ovo vegetarian. I want to be vegetarian because I want to be healthier and more active. I have depression and anxiety. I think changing my diet will help with that. I plan to start doing hula hooping. It's seems so fun! I hope to get good advice tips recipes and information about vegetarianism. :smitten:
Greetings & welcome aboard!! :wave: I don't know where in Georgia you're from, but found Vegetarian Society of Georgia - Welcome!

And check out https://www.happycow.net/ :up:

Last edited:
Hello nice to meet you. I live in Georgia. And I don't know. What are the basics?
I suppose the basics include fresh fruit and vegetables, dry and canned beans, lentils, chickpeas, rice (preferably mostly brown rice), pasta (preferably mostly whole-wheat). You said you wanted to become lacto-ovo vegetarian, so then you'd want milk and eggs too. If you're a little bit lucky, then you'll find things like hummus and tofu too. Oh, and nice, healthy bread.

Have we already lost you ?;)