Hope and the Coronavirus

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Everybody seems terrified of the Coronavirus these days. But, there is hope.

My family climbed North Mountain in Phoenix today. On the way down, my wife became extremely weak. She sat down and could not stand up. I suppose it is the result of a medication that she was taking. Several strangers had to help her get down the mountain. At some points she could even support her own weight as they half carried her down the last part of the mountain.

Everybody forgot about social distancing and breathing on each other as they helped her get down. If any one of those nice people had Coronavirus, I am willing to bet all of them are infected now. The enemy, Coronavirus, does not have a chance against humanity.

Likewise, the world will go vegan sooner or later. Humanity will see the inhumanity of killing cows, pigs, and chickens. Humanity will say in the not too distant future, "I would rather be dead than abuse a pig." Just like humanity privately thought today, "I would rather get Coronavirus than let this lady get stuck on a mountain."

Everybody seems terrified of the Coronavirus these days. But, there is hope.

My family climbed North Mountain in Phoenix today. On the way down, my wife became extremely weak. She sat down and could not stand up. I suppose it is the result of a medication that she was taking. Several strangers had to help her get down the mountain. At some points she could even support her own weight as they half carried her down the last part of the mountain.

Everybody forgot about social distancing and breathing on each other as they helped her get down. If any one of those nice people had Coronavirus, I am willing to bet all of them are infected now. The enemy, Coronavirus, does not have a chance against humanity.

Likewise, the world will go vegan sooner or later. Humanity will see the inhumanity of killing cows, pigs, and chickens. Humanity will say in the not too distant future, "I would rather be dead than abuse a pig." Just like humanity privately thought today, "I would rather get Coronavirus than let this lady get stuck on a mountain."
That's so great that people helped. I hope you, your wife and the people who helped will be OK.

So, half of me is saying, what the heck are you doing climbing a mountain during a world pandemic...are you crazy!!!...and the other half understands the need to keep some normalcy and thinking an outdoor activity is something where it’s easy enough to keep social distancing. I do hope your wife is feeling better and that no one comes down with the virus. I’m glad they were there to help.

Reactions: Hog and PTree15