Question honey alternative

D

DoctorDonna

I've recently been using homemade skincare recipes with raving success. Although I'm a vegetarian I mostly eat vegan. Honey was never an issue for me because I've never liked the taste. But in the last week I've been using raw honey mixed with ground oats and aloe vera juice for my face and my acne prone skin is the clearest it's been since before puberty. I would really like to know if there is a guilt free alternative to honey that will work just as well on my acne.

I don't know about an alternative to honey for this specific purpose, but I find tea tree oil (diluted with water) works wonders on my acne.

I'm no vegan, but as long as you aren't eating the honey, you shouldn't feel guilty. My first place to check for vegan honey would be Whole Foods.:confused:

I'm no vegan, but as long as you aren't eating the honey, you shouldn't feel guilty. My first place to check for vegan honey would be Whole Foods.:confused:
Since you aren't vegan you probably don't know this, but vegans don't use animal products at all. Not in their food or on their body.

Brown rice syrup is a liquid sweetener with the consistency of honey. It is very sticky and sweet and wonderful. It is used in a lot of baked goods. It is made by combining barley malt and brown rice and cooking the mixture until all the starch is converted to sugar. The mash is then strained and cooked down to a syrup that is only 20 percent as sweet as sugar. I like it in cookie recipes especially. I am not sure how good it is in skincare but it is an alternative of honey in recipes.

Reactions: Amy SF