High Speed Blenders

GingerFoxx

No effin' whey!
Reaction score
So I have been making vegan "cheese" sauces the past few days to serve with pasta/veggies. I have been using my mini food processor because I don't want to dirty my blender for a single serving of sauce, not to mention I feel like the sauce is much harder to scrape out of the blender and more of it ends up wasted that way. Trouble is, either the blade on my food processor isn't sharp enough, or the little thing's motor doesn't have enough muscle to make a smooth sauce. The sauces the past few days have been textured at best.

I think I need to invest in a high speed blender one of these days, but Vitamix and Blend-Ted are way out of my price range to be practical for the infrequency with which I blend things. I have heard great reviews about Ninja blenders, which are a fraction of the price. Does anyone here have any reviews/recommendations to offer?

That is a coincidence as I was thinking the same thing last night as my smoothie maker isn't as good as it used to be and I was thinking of buying a new one. A vitamix is nearly £400- £500 though.:dismay:

I just looked on Amazon and a Magimix is about £145.

I heard consumer reviews for Ninja place it on par with the big name brands like Vitamix but for a fraction of the price. I am not a frequent blender user, but I could justify spending around $100 if I knew it was going to make a smooth sauce. the occasional frozen fruit sorbet/soft-serve, smoothies on occasion and still hold up in terms of quality for a number of years.

I don't have any personal experience with Vitamix or Ninja Blenders. I do have the best blender which prepares smoothies silently without any noise.