High-Protein Meals

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Not in a "where do vegans get their protein" way, because I have no trouble getting a normal amount of protein into my diet. More in a bodybuilding way - I'm nearly doubling the amount of protein in my diet (and reducing carbs), but I'm having a hard time planning for the 140g a day I'm looking for.

So, any ideas for tasty protein-rich meals?

Last edited:
Seitan and tofu are rich in protein and low in carbs. Smoothies made with soya protein and milk are also low in carbs.

What is a typical day's menu ?

This is tomorrow, pretty much the highest amount I could stuff into a day without going over on anything else.

Breakfast:
Coconut yogurt + high-protein granola (18g)

Lunch:
Seitan salad wrap (25g)

Dinner:
High-protein pasta & "meat"balls in tomato sauce (36g)

Snacks:
Soy protein shake (30g)
Pea & rice crackers (4g)
Vegan jerky (10g)

Still about 15-20g short. Would've been more but the discovery of the high-protein granola and high-protein pasta was a godsend :D

For the breakfast, you could try blending a block of silken tofu with a banana or berries and carob or cocoa powder and sweetener (or leave out sweetener). This makes a very thick pudding, sort of like yogurt, that would work with the granola. The block of silken tofu has about 24 grams of protein, and 240 calories if I remember? Or blend a half block of refrigerated tofu the same way, which would give you 16 grams of protein. Do that in place of the coconut yogurt. Or else try Daiya or Tempt yogurt (6 oz container has 8 grams of protein and 130 to 150 calories).

Or for breakfast (or any meal), make a chickpea flour omelet using 1/2 cup of chickpea flour which yeilds between 8 and 12 grams of protein. Add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast which is another 8 grams of protein, and a handful of spinach and some salsa tucked into that omelet. Have the granola on the side.

With the crackers, have some homemade bean dip. I like to blend white beans with sundried tomatoes and fresh basil.

Split pea soup is a high protein lower carb meal. My soup is as simple as a cup of lentils, chopped carrots, onion, squirt of lemon juice and water/vegetable broth simmered until everything is soft. Then I blend it for a creamy smooth thick soup.

For salads or wraps, use greens like kale, spinach, broccoli for a few extra grams of protein, calcium, iron, etc. Micro greens like bean sprouts or broccoli sprouts are great additions also.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Yes, I was going to say, instead of the "meat"balls, would you get more protein from the same amount / volume / calories of e.g. beans or tofu?

Last edited:
Yes, I was going to say, instead of the "meat"balls, would you get more protein from the same amount / volume / calories of e.g. beans or tofu?

Surprisingly, no - for the same amount of protein, beans are higher in carbohydrates and tofu is higher in fat.

For the breakfast, you could try blending a block of silken tofu with a banana or berries and carob or cocoa powder and sweetener (or leave out sweetener). This makes a very thick pudding, sort of like yogurt, that would work with the granola. The block of silken tofu has about 24 grams of protein, and 240 calories if I remember? Or blend a half block of refrigerated tofu the same way, which would give you 16 grams of protein. Do that in place of the coconut yogurt. Or else try Daiya or Tempt yogurt (6 oz container has 8 grams of protein and 130 to 150 calories).

Or for breakfast (or any meal), make a chickpea flour omelet using 1/2 cup of chickpea flour which yeilds between 8 and 12 grams of protein. Add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast which is another 8 grams of protein, and a handful of spinach and some salsa tucked into that omelet. Have the granola on the side.

With the crackers, have some homemade bean dip. I like to blend white beans with sundried tomatoes and fresh basil.

Split pea soup is a high protein lower carb meal. My soup is as simple as a cup of lentils, chopped carrots, onion, squirt of lemon juice and water/vegetable broth simmered until everything is soft. Then I blend it for a creamy smooth thick soup.

For salads or wraps, use greens like kale, spinach, broccoli for a few extra grams of protein, calcium, iron, etc. Micro greens like bean sprouts or broccoli sprouts are great additions also.

Thank you!! Will definitely try making tofu pudding - I've used silken tofu to make desserts before, but never thought to use it to make a healthier version :fp: