Hi

Great, hope its working out for you. Good that you have become vegan. Do you have any questions or anything you need help with? How are you finding it so far?

As you can see, I'm a level 5 vegan. :) But seriously, good luck. The health benefits are enough of an incentive for me without trying to also save Bambi and the entire planet besides.

I have had a great experience so far. Prior to going Vegan I was whole foods. no fast food, no box food no bag food, just vegetables and meat. My daughter went vegetarian about a year ago. She decided to drop the dairy and I dropped the meat on the same day, unbeknownst to me. After a week she looked slimmer and heather, and we both had a moment realizing we both went vegan at the same time and we were experiencing what I like to call "magic". We both felt a weight being lifted off. I can breathe, sleep, run, clarity of mind, experiencing less stress. Other small things, skin looks better, my teeth appear whiter, feel stronger.
Here lies the dilemma , and I think most Vegan's have this dilemma. How do we get our Spouse on board? I tried for weeks, she did not want to do it, no way!! Finally she gave in and she is almost 2 weeks in. She is having a rough time, no magic. She feels sick to her stomach, she has a strong desire for meat. I am afraid she may go back. What can I do? Any thoughts.

I have had a great experience so far. Prior to going Vegan I was whole foods. no fast food, no box food no bag food, just vegetables and meat. My daughter went vegetarian about a year ago. She decided to drop the dairy and I dropped the meat on the same day, unbeknownst to me. After a week she looked slimmer and heather, and we both had a moment realizing we both went vegan at the same time and we were experiencing what I like to call "magic". We both felt a weight being lifted off. I can breathe, sleep, run, clarity of mind, experiencing less stress. Other small things, skin looks better, my teeth appear whiter, feel stronger.
Here lies the dilemma , and I think most Vegan's have this dilemma. How do we get our Spouse on board? I tried for weeks, she did not want to do it, no way!! Finally she gave in and she is almost 2 weeks in. She is having a rough time, no magic. She feels sick to her stomach, she has a strong desire for meat. I am afraid she may go back. What can I do? Any thoughts.
I wonder.... The only thing that ever made me slightly sick to my stomach, was trying a glass of milk after abstaining for weeks. Is it possible the ill feeling is from....dare I say it....cheating on her diet?

I just find that my body can't handle going back to any amount of meat or dairy at this point. It's a theory. :)

This is a difficult question to answer. One idea is to perhaps transition by steadily asking her to reduce animal foods from her diet and introduce new vegan foods one at a time. Also, get her to join you in watching movies, reading books, share aticles online, talk about it...whatever works best to help her build a strong ethical understanding of the arguments.

I wonder.... The only thing that ever made me slightly sick to my stomach, was trying a glass of milk after abstaining for weeks. Is it possible the ill feeling is from....dare I say it....cheating on her diet?

I just find that my body can't handle going back to any amount of meat or dairy at this point. It's a theory. :)
That is definitely possible

That is definitely possible
I guess all you can do is point out subtly that it might not be the vegan diet making her ill, it might be the non-vegan food that she might be reacting to.

Years ago, my mom, a two-pot a day coffee drinker, confided in me that she can't drink decaf coffee because it gave her headaches. Now cause and effect would be on her side in that she had no headaches when drinking regular coffee but did have headaches when she drank decaf coffee. Makes sense right? I pointed out to my mom that it wasn't the decaf giving her the headaches, it was the withdrawal from the regular coffee that was causing her headaches. A classic false positive.

Once people know the reasons for their symptoms, they tend to be more receptive to change and not so reliant on erroneous rationalizations. Good luck Andy!

In my opinion the only ethical way to convert your partner is by a positive approach. Make it easy for her. Cook a nice meal for your spouse. If you do this often enough and your cooking is good, she might be tempted to try a vegan diet. My partner eats vegan more than 50% of the time. The majority of our friends are not vegan. If we eat out with friends, I can't expect my partner to always eat vegan just because I do.