Hi!

pinkneon

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi!
I am always bad at these introduction things ... Well, where do I start? I just joined this site. Until very recently I had been a vegetarian but recently decided to switch to being a vegan!! I know, totally different ball game! One of my New Year Resolutions I made for 2016 was to become a vegan, and this didn't happen for many reasons. So recently I made the decision to become a vegan before the start of 2017, so that I could start the New Year as a new me. So, that is what I have decided to do! I have done so much research but think I'm going to need plenty of support to do this! I am hoping to get plenty of advice, menu tips and maybe make some new friends here!
Anyway, like I said I have no idea what to say, so hello!

Hello back at you. Welcome to the forum.

It is a good community in here with lots of support available once you will have more specific questions.

Hi pinkneon, I've been vegan for 15 months and find it so much easier than being vegetarian. I eat much better and have lost weight in a healthy normal way. Just go for it. The more you look for vegan stuff the more you find. And lots of ordinary food is vegan, lots of biscuits, bread, a whole new world of herbs and spices.

The unhealthy stuff is usually not vegan, and so milk chocolate is tricky as you can buy versions but veganism and health have got all mixed up so if you get vegan milk chocolate it doesn't seem to have any sugar in it, which is pointless as then it is not a sweet treat.

Apart from that you can get vegan mince in most supermarkets; Tesco does a nice one. Vegan ice cream; Walls do one; Ben and Jerrys's; and Tesco do really nice splits and cornetto type ones with ice cream made from lima beans, really sweet and creamy, not like sorbet at all. Tesco also have a very good frozen vegan and vegetarian compartment. Just look at the ingredients as their mince is vegan but their mince balls aren't as they are held together with egg.

You are lucky to be in Sussex as we seem to have more and more vegan outlets in the South. My friend gave me a lovely vegan soap which she bought in a shop just off Palmerston Square in Southsea. Just keep reading the ingredients and you will feel so much happier in yourself knowing that you are not contributing to animal suffering in any way. Your body begins to feel very pure, and you are part of a movement that can and will change the world.