Hi, would like to introduce myself

wedigfood

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Hi, I’m Steve, been a working my way up to being a vegan for 35 years, finally stopped eating and using animal products last year. First, mainly for health reasons, then for animal rights and environmentalism. Have become so enthusiastic that I created a website, wedigfood.com, to become throughly involved in the “movement”, see it as part of my involvement with Buddhism. Was shocked by the far reaching and horrible effect the non-vegan food industry has on our planet and will not try to turn the "ship" around.

Reactions: Second Summer
:wave: Welcome to Veggie Views! By the way, I'm down state from you, in Santa Monica. :) I've been to Thousand Oaks just once, a long time ago. It was a looong drive from Santa Monica. :p

Well….it's not that far. My parents live in SM and I drive there a lot, I guess I am used to it. You also have many great vegan restaurants and we only have one, veggie grill. And in my opinion….I like Native Foods much better, wish they have moved into town.

Well….it's not that far. My parents live in SM and I drive there a lot, I guess I am used to it. You also have many great vegan restaurants and we only have one, veggie grill. And in my opinion….I like Native Foods much better, wish they have moved into town.

Yep, I love all the vegan choices here. And guess what, Native Foods has plans to expand nationwide, so there's a good chance that they'll come to Thousand Oaks eventually. :)

I used to work in Calabasas, not too far from Thousand Oaks. I'm in the Inland Empire (Riverside County) now and there aren't any vegan restaurants near me.