Hi, vegan mum with vegan kids. Been vegan around five months so far. Hello everyone!

Ilovelentils

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone! My children and I went vegetarian around a year ago. One day I happened to see a 'how your hotdogs are made' video which I posted on fb and a friend of mine commented, we got talking and he posted me a link to the Cowspiracy documentary. I decided that night that it was time to go Vegan so we used up any dairy products we had left (milk and cheese) and that was that. Cowspiracy led to Earthlings, Forks over knives, food matters etc and I have not looked back. The kids have adapted brilliantly and I've noticed they seem to have an endless energy supply now haha I don't know any vegans other than the one fb friend who doesn't live near me. I'd love to chat to people who understand. I am in Cornwall and I think veganism is almost unheard of here!

Reactions: Gail Robins
Hey :)

Your story is really interesting, glad you've joined us!! I've been veggie for 18 years and vegan for 2, I've got a 2 year old who is veggie from birth & whilst she's vegan at home and whilst out and about she does have cheese at nursery, but she doesn't like milk at all :)

How old are your little ones?? Xx

Reactions: Ilovelentils
Hey :)

Your story is really interesting, glad you've joined us!! I've been veggie for 18 years and vegan for 2, I've got a 2 year old who is veggie from birth & whilst she's vegan at home and whilst out and about she does have cheese at nursery, but she doesn't like milk at all :)

How old are your little ones?? Xx
Hi, thanks for the reply:) my eldest is 9, I have 7 year old identical twins and a 5 year old. The 5 year old is the only boy bless him, he copes well enough though :joy: I was finding that they were having things at school that I wouldn't give them like yogurt and cheese but after telling them we're vegan the school were very helpful. One of my twins actually told the dinner lady off for not providing a vegan dessert option (the poor woman!) so they gave her a banana and they're working on a menu for them :D

Welcome! That's awesome that your kids have so willingly and lovingly gone vegan with you! :)
Hi, thank you! At first there were a few grumbles over cheese but they've really embraced it. My eldest happened to come downstairs while I was watching Earthlings and saw the part where a cow was branded on her face :pensive: she was inconsolable, all she kept saying was "why did they do that, the cow didn't do anything to them!" and that really kind of solidified the decision for me. She has since said "even if you start eating meat again I'll never eat it!" just goes to show that kids are sometimes smarter than us adults when it comes to things like this :)