Hi There!

robert85

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hi!

My name is Robert, I'm not vegan, but generally interested in healthy food.

In the future I will want to get your ideas about diet planners - if you use some, and what are the most important functions, what would ideal diet planner look like.

Hi!

My name is Robert, I'm not vegan, but generally interested in healthy food.

In the future I will want to get your ideas about diet planners - if you use some, and what are the most important functions, what would ideal diet planner look like.

Diet planner? do you mean meal planner?

Oddly, I am such a big tech user but my meal planner is an 8x10 piece of paper. During the lockdown I was just ordering curbside pickup once a week, and although I had been organized, I had to get even more organized. so one night a week I would plan out a weeks worth of meals, from that create a shopping list, and then order my food.

Even tho the lockdown is over I have found that I like making a weekly meal plan and creating my shopping list off of it.

But I have used meal planners on my computer, too.
Back in the day, I used SparkPeople. It's a weight loss thing but it can work for everyone. The creators of it tried to make if fun to use, and the fun parts are not bothersome. It is also very ad -driven. but you learn to ignore them.

One of the selling points of SparkPeople is with a click of the mouse it can create a weekly meal plan. And with another click you can make a shopping list. One more click and you can print it. both your meal plan and your shopping list are editable.

it includes recipes for the meals it suggest.
another selling point of SparkPeople is that it has a really good built in Nutrition Tracker.

Another good meal planner is EatThisMuch. the free version is just ok. you can try the "premium version" for free for like a month. the premium version is just as good and maybe even a little better than SparkPeople.

Reactions: bEt
welcome to the forum @robert85 , you have been given great advice by @Lou

many of us here are not only vegan, we also eat a whole food plant-based diet as much as possible, limiting oil, sugar and salt

if you google that you will find lots of websites, recipes, youtubes, etc including Dr McDougall, Dr Greger etc

If you would like a Plan per se and would like company and coaching and can afford a few dollars a month, High Carb Hannah has just the thing for you and if you google her name you will find her youtube videos and website.

Keep us informed and all the best with your lifestyle changes. We would be thrilled if you decided that not eating animal products was a good decision for you, for the animals and for the environment.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: bEt