Hi there, i'm from québec, canada and mostly wfpb

Brigitte

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hello, I'm happy to have found this forum and am eager to get to know some of you (hopefully). I am mostly french so sometimes I have a hard time expressing myself. Sorry about that. That being said, I don't really know in which "category" I fit into. I guess mostly WFPB 90 % of the time and add to that ovo-lacto + fish occassionally for Vit B12 and for spiritual beliefs. I am not a christian that goes to church but I do believe in what the bible says about which foods are too be eaten and which are an abomination. Why because of scientific proof concerning ruminants (animals which are permitted) But that's a whole other story. You must be wondering what is she talking about. Lolll thats ok. But if there is someone who knows what I'm talking about, please contact me I would love to chat about it some time.

Reactions: Absar
Hi
I’m from Devon, England. My name is Victoria Salter (I am known as Rory). I am an animal lover, and I am nearly vegan (my one exception is Cheesestrings, they are one of my childhood favourites:)). I have Asperger’s Syndrome. Although I have anxiety about them, I am also a huge vampire fan and used to be a Goth (I may still be Goth deeply down).
May I ask what you mean by WFPB?
I’d like to hear back from you.
Have a great day (or night)!

Reactions: Noir
hi Rory bonjour Brigitte

WFPB stands for whole food plant based.... which is a more specific type of vegan who tries to stay away from processed foods, as much as possible, and some (including myself) try to limit added oils, sugars and salt.

Emma JC

Reactions: Brigitte
Hi
I’m from Devon, England. My name is Victoria Salter (I am known as Rory). I am an animal lover, and I am nearly vegan (my one exception is Cheesestrings, they are one of my childhood favourites:)). I have Asperger’s Syndrome. Although I have anxiety about them, I am also a huge vampire fan and used to be a Goth (I may still be Goth deeply down).
May I ask what you mean by WFPB?
I’d like to hear back from you.
Have a great day (or night)!

Nice to meet you Rory and Emma,

Yep WFPB Whole food plant based. At first when I starting searching for information it got confusing because there are so many types. One day I posted a picture on a facebook group on plant based foods. I posted 3 pictures of my weekend recipes and Oh boy can I tell you that that was a HUGE mistake. I posted my microgreen salade with salmon, my esekiel whole wheat sprouted bread with avocado, pesto, marinara sauce, morcerella fresh cheese and poached egg for breakfast aand my vegetarian whole wheat pizza with cheese. That started a debate. People were offended from my post. I didn't know that Plant Based really meant Fully based. For me it meant BASED on plants mostly but with Dairy and fish. Oups...lollll anyhow I think got like 100 messages or something like that. I learnt alot about all the different groups of "eating ways" They let me know I was on the wrong path because they didn't appreciate my post. So much that the administrator deleted my post. Too many reactions. I was all excited to post it and proud of myself. lolll that was like a slap in the face. I thought to myself "wow, if this is how you become when you eat Fully Plant based then I don't want to be apart of it. People were not very nice only a few encouraged me in my transition. I was really shocked by their reaction. The good thing though is that I learnt alot especially not to pictures like that. lolll

You all have a good night :) or day :p

good morning Brigitte

There are not many types of WFPBed lifestyles. It is an eating lifestyle based on eating plant based foods, most of which are in their original form or at least minimally processed.

You may be confusing the difference between vegans and vegetarians?

Emma JC

I am new here too. I have been on a Whole Food Plant Based(Forks over Knives) diet for 5 months now with great results. We differ from the purest form of being Vegan I guess. We do not cook with oil or buy products that contain oil.

Thank you Emma JC. I fall into the same niche as you diet wise. No meat, dairy cooking oil or added SOS. But I really felt bad that people blasted the OP in another post. I hope that wasn't on this site. This is my first vegan forum. My wife takes care of our diet. I love this way of life. We had our first ever WFPB Thanksgiving yesterday and shared it with another couple who were in need of this way of eating. I hope we convinced them. I know they loved everything because my wife is an awesome cook! I need to get active on this site. I am still learning but have a very solid foundation.

Reactions: Emma JC
Welcome! I was also pescatarian - for 27 years - till last year August when i decided to switch to WFPB noOS (I am a little addicted to the salt, but I try to keep it minimal). Among the reasons i choose to be vegan included health and the environment. With fish, the rising levels of radiation in the west coast of the us (supposedly the "best") from fuksshima, and with eggs and cheese for the sheer detriment they are health-wise. That and the treatment of the animals, of course threw me over the edge. It might surprise you to know that the most B12 deficiency is found omnivores, so really everyone should be taking a supplement.

I hope you enjoy the forum! There's a lot of good people and information here

Last edited: