Hi! New here.

phlubup

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Raised ovo-lacto veg, then was omnivorous for 30 years, now more or less beegan.

Have gotten into making my own tofu since the pandemic started, and would love to find a thread about that.

Live in the PNW, via a circuitous route from the PNW.

Welcome to the forum!

Tofu making is a great skill. We don't have a lot of threads about it, but here is one:

hi bup and welcome 👍
I use to make my own tofu about 30 years ago and it was much better than the commercial stuff .

Welcome to the forum!

Tofu making is a great skill. We don't have a lot of threads about it, but here is one:

Excellent! Thank you so much for the link!

who was it recently who said they were vegan cause cows were beautiful? Moby?
Maybe that cow is his girlfriend.
:)
That sounds Moby-esque at the very least!
hi bup and welcome 👍
I use to make my own tofu about 30 years ago and it was much better than the commercial stuff .
I like it better than the commercial stuff at the very least because I can add things like liquid smoke and other flavorings while it's coagulating, to make a very tasty bite.

That sounds Moby-esque at the very least!

I like it better than the commercial stuff at the very least because I can add things like liquid smoke and other flavorings while it's coagulating, to make a very tasty bite.
I never thought of that I saw a recipe that had liquid smoke tofu the other day ,do you use maple or hickory LS

I never thought of that I saw a recipe that had liquid smoke tofu the other day ,do you use maple or hickory LS
I bought a gallon of Colgin mesquite over a year ago and I have probably 3/4 of it left. Works great, doesn't take much!

• Informative
Reactions: Blues