Hi from New Zealand

koolkatkiwi

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Kath, and I live about one hour north of Auckland, the big city here in New Zealand. I was vegetarian for 32 years, then I saw some videos and graphic images about what goes on in the dairy and egg industries, which turned me into a vegan. I've been vegan for 3 years, and I'm also into animal rights and animal advocacy.

I want to learn as much as possible about how to persuade other people to be vegan, and hope that eventually, we will turn the whole world vegan. :)

Woah, that's a seriously impressive length of time! Well done you :) Welcome to the board, by the way. I hope you like it here!

A totally vegan world would be nice...

Reactions: koolkatkiwi
Hi Kath , 30 + is my time for vegetarianism as well , but haven't moved over to the other side yet. Maybe one day , nothing is permanent in life .
Anyway I'm from the Waikato and looking forward to reading yuh posts :)

Reactions: koolkatkiwi
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! There's no trick to being vegetarian/vegan for so long. You just have to be old, and have been around a long time. Don't worry, it'll come to you all in time - you can't hold back the tide. ;)

Reactions: thefadedone
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! There's no trick to being vegetarian/vegan for so long. You just have to be old, and have been around a long time. Don't worry, it'll come to you all in time - you can't hold back the tide. ;)

I know I'll get there eventually (well, y'know, unless I don't live for another 25 years...). I'm just always impressed when people have been vegetarian/vegan since before it was easy. I thought it was difficult enough 8 or so years ago, and that was with a bucketload of veggie options everywhere. So you definitely deserve the kudos in my books! :D

Hi AspireToExpire (you want to die?). Thanks for the comment on my avatar. It doesn't look too good small like this, but anyway, it's a pic of two of my rescued roosters, who were bosom buddies. Squeak, the one on the left, died about three years ago, unfortunately, but Pip is still going strong, and is very, very tame. We have 29 rescue roosters at the moment, one rescue peahen, and four rescue cats.

Reactions: Amy SF
Hi AspireToExpire (you want to die?). Thanks for the comment on my avatar. It doesn't look too good small like this, but anyway, it's a pic of two of my rescued roosters, who were bosom buddies. Squeak, the one on the left, died about three years ago, unfortunately, but Pip is still going strong, and is very, very tame. We have 29 rescue roosters at the moment, one rescue peahen, and four rescue cats.

If someone clicks your name or opens your profile we can see it a little bigger :)
Thanks for sharing your story, Squeak was a beautiful bird.