Hi everyone

ManonV

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone,

I little bit about myself; I am from the Netherlands and a newbie vegan. I am studying to become a nurse and love track and field, high jump being my true love.

So I recently decided to start adapting the vegan lifestyle as my one after a friend of mine became vegan. This last year I started cutting on my meat intake, because I just didn't feel right consuming the amounts of meat everyone around me and myself was consuming. I never really explored what being a vegetarian or vegan would really mean. I am trying to adjust my lifestyle and I am just starting to learn a lot about, well everything.

Part of my learning process is watching documentaries and I just started watching the second one on my list; dominion. Let me tell you; I wasn't made for this. After 5 minutes I was crying my eyes out and after 13 minutes I just had to stop. I had so many emotions and I didn't quite know what to do with everything that I was feeling and thinking. I went online I found this forum and I hope that I can find support here (my friend is also very supportive, but I don't want to bother her to much with all of my questions and my thought process) and learn from everybody on how to be a vegan.

If there are any grammar mistakes or whatever; sorry for that 🙃

welcome ManonV

Congratulations on your decision to care about animals, the environment and your health.

Dominion is tough to watch and maybe just keep it in reserve in case you find yourself thinking of eating animal products... or buying leather.

A couple of documentaries you might like are The Game Changers and What the Health. There are few, if any, graphic scenes and yet there is a lot of great information there for you.

There are many great topics here for you to read. I would suggest using the search icon up on the top right and search what interests you most. We have "what we ate for breakfast, what we ate for lunch, and what we ate for dinner" threads. There are "favourite vegan YouTube threads" where you can find YouTubers who put up recipe videos, fitness videos etc.

again welcome and if you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Welcome ManonV, and congratulations on your decision! :)

I second the recommendation for "The Game Changers".

I can't watch any of the graphic stuff either, but I also don't feel like I need to any more - it would be like preaching to the choir now.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
welcome ManonV

Congratulations on your decision to care about animals, the environment and your health.

Dominion is tough to watch and maybe just keep it in reserve in case you find yourself thinking of eating animal products... or buying leather.

A couple of documentaries you might like are The Game Changers and What the Health. There are few, if any, graphic scenes and yet there is a lot of great information there for you.

There are many great topics here for you to read. I would suggest using the search icon up on the top right and search what interests you most. We have "what we ate for breakfast, what we ate for lunch, and what we ate for dinner" threads. There are "favourite vegan YouTube threads" where you can find YouTubers who put up recipe videos, fitness videos etc.

again welcome and if you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Emma JC
Thanks for replying! I continued watching it with minor breaks in between. I kinda felt I just needed to see the harsh reality. I've always known the animals weren't treated properly, but that it was as bad as this I never really knew...

I will definitely add those documentaries to my list, if there are graphic scenes I will be prepared this time. 😅

The next days/weeks I'll make sure to explore the forum a little bit more, especially recipes so I have some variety in my meals!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Welcome ManonV, and congratulations on your decision! :)

I second the recommendation for "The Game Changers".

I can't watch any of the graphic stuff either, but I also don't feel like I need to any more - it would be like preaching to the choir now.
Thank you for your reply! 😊

I am not gonna lie, it was really hard to watch and had me crying for the most time. But I really needed a reality check and watching dominion did that. I'm gonna watch "the game changers" for sure now, seeing as you also recommend it!