Hi everyone.

Nathan Clarke

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi,

I am a Husband and have three amazing children. I have decided to go vegan for Health and Ethical reasons.

I am extremely overweight and need to change that so that I can enjoy my children growing up.

I have watched loads of documentaries and read as much as I can physically find about how animals are treated and the only sensible notion is to go Vegan to my part to stop the cruelty.

My family are supportive but they aren't going vegan however they have started doing "meat free" days which is a start.

I'm a complete Newbie to the plant based diet so I apologise in advance for any dumb questions I may ask.

Well that's a little about me anything else anyone wants to know just ask plus any advice is most welcome.

Thanks

Hi Nathan

Glad to hear your decision - you'll never regret it. No such thing as a dumb question in my book - we all had to start somewhere. Why not get your family to watch 'What the Health'? It's on Netflix, but it's also on YouTube.

I get my inspiration and information from some wonderful plant based doctors - mainly Dr Michael Greger, of
nutritionfacts.org. I've also got his book, 'How not to die'.

If you subscribe, you get his regular, short, videos - about 4-5 a week - packed with solid science - and quite a bit of humour. There's also Dr John McDougall, and Dr Neal Barnard. If you check these guys out, they'll soon lead you to others in the field.

I also follow several YouTube channnels - Mic the vegan being one.

Another source of the latest info in the vegan world is Plant Based News, well worth seeking out.

All the best - any questions, any time.

welcome Nathan and congrats!! it is a wonderful journey you have embarked on

Emma JC

Hi Nathan,

We have seen only the one post from you and that was two months ago. Are you still holding on in there? Have you lost any weight?

Roger