Hi everyone from canada

UpperSpoon

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey,

My name is Simon and I am currently living in Montreal Canada, I am fortunate because this city is great for vegans and vegetarians alike.

I have been a strict vegan for a few years now and an on off vegetarian for many years prior to that. I hope I can share some of my experience with others here.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon! Welcome to the site! I am pretty new, but I have found it helpful already!

Thanks Veganite. I hope its not as crap over there as it is here right now :(

I'm originally from NS, and I've also lived in Montreal. Here on Vancouver Island we've had a very mild winter so far this year. We mostly get two noticeable seasons here...wet and dry.

The winters are often dark and depressing with mostly rain, and more rain. This year was nice in that we got snow on Christmas Eve, waking up to a lovely white Christmas on the 25th. Mmm, smell that tofurkey. *laughs* and then it rained and washed it all away shortly thereafter. That's been all the snow we've seen this year, but most definitely not the last of the rain. It has been chilly lately, so I better knock on wood just in case.

I do know what Montreal winters are like. I don't envy you, and I don't miss my snow shovel. Now, having said that, you have to remember that we just had a tsunami warning here recently. Living here on the beautiful west coast has many perks, but the risk of earthquakes and tsunamis is not one of them. Furthermore, because we're kinda overdue for the proverbial "big one", many people think you'd be crazy to live here.

I just hope your French is better than mine ;)

haha, you're a well-traveled Canadian.

My hands are frozen as we speak from shoveling my pathway!

And my French, it's sub-par. I am actually originally Australian.

Hi Simon! I live just outside Vancouver. I'm sure you have a lot of wisdom to share after being vegan so long! I look forward to reading your posts. :blush:

Reactions: UpperSpoon