Hey!

Congratulations on your decision and welcome to the club!

While vegans in general are lighter than meat eaters, thanks to the development of vegan fast foods it's now possible to be vegan and still have a fairly unhealthy diet. However, if you aim for a more whole foods plant-based (wfpb) vegan diet, then you're still getting the health benefits originally attributed to the vegan diet.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision to live a healthier lifestyle

Krocks in the Kitchen have a YouTube channel and they have been losing weight on a whole food plant based adventure and they have lost a lot of weight and have been very honest with their stuggle to stay on track. Well worth watching for inspiration.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Hi. Welcome, I live in San Mateo. But my sister lives in San Jose.

Looking forward to giving you some help or advice or encouragement - whatever you need.

Go... um... Sammy The Spartan.

Welcome!
I recommend binge watching Nutritionfacts.org videos on YouTube. There's also the "How not to die" and "How not to diet" books if you prefer to read instead of watching videos. The information is incredible, and it will help you so much on your health/weight loss journey.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC