Hey there

visceral-vegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi Everyone!

I am so glad I found this forum! I became a vegan a little over a week ago after a friend of mine had an experience that she shared on Facebook. One thing led to another and I ended up viewing some clips from the "Earthlings" movie. :cold_sweat: So of course, I couldn't possibly continue to eat or use any animal products.

I feel so guilty and ashamed. A part of me always knew the animals were not treated well but I had no idea what the extent of it was. I had no idea what their standard practices were. I don't think most people do.

I cried for 3 days and got really depressed and then I got really really angry and decided that being a vegan wasn't enough. I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to abolish factor farms, using animals for entertainment, cosmetics, etc. and research.

Part of that is to connect and network with other vegans all over - that's why I am here!!!!!

vv

Hello and welcome! Good luck trying to abolish factory farming. It really needs to go. I ate meat until I visited this agricultural college and was shocked by the conditions the farm animals were kept in. I didn't go vegan overnight. First I tried to source my meat but that turned out really expensive. I would NEVER knowingly eat factory farmed meat after knowing how the animals were kept. Not realising the issues around fish I decided to become pescatarian (Ok I confess I called myself vegetarian at the time). The first time I tried veganism I allowed my neighbour to take me out of it because I didn't know enough about vegan nutrition. Then in 2004 I tried again and this time I was online and knew it was quite nutritious to be vegan so I've stayed vegan ever since.