Help-Wish to Be Vegan Again-Tempted by halloumi & goats cheese!

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I could be going back to vegan - but Mum has just bought me halloumi and goats cheese!!! Help!!!!

Hello,
I would like to go back to vegan. I have been just veggie for months and really enjoyed halloumi and goats cheese, but my mum has just bought me these cheeses. What do I do?! Would I be right to use them up? She would be upset if we threw them out...
I’m also gonna find it very hard to give up cheese as I love and enjoy it so much (yes, I eat vegan cheese)...
I don’t want to disrespect my promise to always do my best for the animals and to go vegan...
Help!!!!!
Thank you 😊.

I can see two valid options.
1. You can extract a promise from your mom only to buy vegan cheese if you eat these things up THIS time.
2. Or you can make it an object lesson and not eat the cheese. This could perhaps be better than a promise.

Another benefit of choice #2 is that eating cheese has both physical and emotional negative consequences. The longer you go without cheese the easier it will become to avoid it and the better you will feel about not eating it.

Although #1 may have the added benefit of producing more domestic tranquility. but only till the next time she buys cheese. How hard would it be to extract that promise? And how is her track record on promises?