Help-Looking for vegan versions of these specific things?

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone here know where and how I can get hold of vegan versions of these specific things?

Hello 👋,
I would like to go vegan at some point. However, there some specific things that vegan versions are not generally sold which I like/love. Do you know of any companies or shops that do any of these things?
* Goat’s cheese.
* pick and mix chocolate ice creams (not actually ice creams, but pick and mix chocolate that look like ice creams) and pick and mix chocolate mice.
* Mini vegan Easter eggs for Easter egg hunts.
Thank you 😊.

I don't have any good info on Goat's cheese. I've told you this before: Cheese is addictive. You are addicted. You just need to wean or go cold turkey. (For years i made my own homemade Moxarella cause I couldn't stand pizza without cheese. but after a while, I just didn't care enough to bother making it. Moral of the story: you get over it).

I'm not sure what this "pick and mix" refers to. I thought pick and mix was when you go to a candy store that sells candy in bulk and you pick out the candies you like. Anyway, most dark chocolate is already vegan. And there are a lot of nondairy ice creams out there. The VF has several threads on the subject. They are for the most part regional. so you will just have to explore your local stores. A good google search might help. a lot of stores will ship too so you may not have to go local.

I don't see in your profile where you live but i think i remember it was an English speaking country that was not the US or the UK. NZ? anyway, wherever you live you have a local vegan society. And dollars to vegan donuts, your vegan society will have an article (or ten) on vegan candy. Here in the US, we have PETA who annually puts out a guide to vegan candy in October (because of Halloween).

Easter eggs in September are going to be hard to find. Even in April, here in the US they are hard to find. but for some reason, the UK has dozens of vegan Easter eggs. Just google vegan easter eggs and see what is available at this time and where you live. But don't despair. You have about 7 months to get ready for your Easter Egg Hunt. Your local vegan society will probably have an update around February. And from what I understand no one is going trick and treating this year so you don't have to worry about that this year.

Lindt and Endangered Speicies are two big chocolate companies and both have a number of vegan chocolates. Lindt even has vegan milk chocolate available in some countries.

The upscale grocer I used to go to has a rack of chocolates next to the check out stand and an entire shelf of Endangered Species bars. All the Endangered Species bars have a pretty picture of an animal on the wrapper. and it is really hard for me to pass them by. the animals are just calling out "buy me, buy me"

Also maybe it is time to get to work in your kitchen. Maybe you can make your own vegan goat cheese. I googled "Vegan Goat Cheese recipe" and found millions of hits.

And even more" Vegan Candy Recipes. "

Last word about chocolate. Two things to be cautious about.
1. Check the ingredients. Some dark chocolates do contain some animal products. and then there is the whole palm oil thing.

2. Check to see where it originated from. A lot of chocolate (Nestles, Hershey's, and Mars) mostly use West African chocolate which does not pay a living wage to their farm workers and employs children in the processing. Look for the Equal Exchange sticker on your chocolate.
-----------

I see from your first post that you're from Devon, UK, so my advice is based on that.
pick and mix chocolate mice.
According to my wife: That might be difficult to find, but if you ever visit London, then you might be able to find those at the chocolatier in Wholefoods Kensington.

Goat's cheese: Heidi Ho Ne Chevre, It's hands down the best. I prefer the kind with black lava salt. It's usually in major cities in CA, you might be able to order it on-line.

There is a sunflower seed vegan cheese from a brand called Spero, in a shiny blue package called "the goat." I honestly didn't like it that much and had to mix it with other things to make it taste good, but you might like it. It's EXTREMELY tangy.

Reactions: Lou
Does anyone here know where and how I can get hold of vegan versions of these specific things?

Hello 👋,
I would like to go vegan at some point. However, there some specific things that vegan versions are not generally sold which I like/love. Do you know of any companies or shops that do any of these things?
* Goat’s cheese.
* pick and mix chocolate ice creams (not actually ice creams, but pick and mix chocolate that look like ice creams) and pick and mix chocolate mice.
* Mini vegan Easter eggs for Easter egg hunts.
Thank you 😊.

If you are looking for spreadable goat's cheese ; Tesco has one in their Free From range :

1599839203547.png

Easter Eggs :

• Informative
Reactions: Lou