Help a Fellow Vegan Out :(

Meghan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey. So I have been vegetarian for almost 4 years. And vegan for almost 2 years. This is for animal rights reasons. I have always felt amazing and loved doing what I do. About a month ago I have begun feeling exhausted constantly. I have to skip school and work because I am so tired and sometimes sleep around 20 hours a day! When I am awake, I am weak and groggy. I also feel extremely hungry and crave meat and dairy really badly! To the point where I will see meat and have an overwhelming urge to eat it. I have never had cravings this intense. I have always done the vegan diet right (I know this for a fact). I have gotten checked out at the doctor regularly and take supplements.
I want to keep being vegan, obviously. If anyone has any advice for me, it would be much appreciated!

Sorry to hear you're unwell. See a doctor. You may not be absorbing all the nutrients in your supplements. It kinda sounds like a B12 issue, but only a doctor would be able to tell what the problem is.

Which supplements are you taking, BTW?

Reactions: CrowCaw
I agree with the other posters. Please go and have some tests done. Also, could you give us a sample of your menu for a couple of days and, as Indian Summer requested, which supplements you're taking.

I certainly agree with everyone about seeing your family doctor.
However you mention cravings ; are you getting the right amount of calories ? You say that you're hungry anf feeling tired and this often happens to young people when they don't eat 3 meals a day.

See a doctor and get blood work done. Many things can produce those symptoms. Unless you see a doctor and get tests done, you won't know the cause if it is a medical issue.

How much food do you eat every day? what is a typical day of meals and portions?

I ask this because you said you are "extremely hungry" and the problems you described can be associated with not eating enough food.

I second what everyone else has already posted. And definitely get that pregnancy test. It could be a combination of things, such as low iron related to pregnancy.

Hey. So I have been vegetarian for almost 4 years. And vegan for almost 2 years. This is for animal rights reasons. I have always felt amazing and loved doing what I do. About a month ago I have begun feeling exhausted constantly. I have to skip school and work because I am so tired and sometimes sleep around 20 hours a day! When I am awake, I am weak and groggy. I also feel extremely hungry and crave meat and dairy really badly! To the point where I will see meat and have an overwhelming urge to eat it. I have never had cravings this intense. I have always done the vegan diet right (I know this for a fact). I have gotten checked out at the doctor regularly and take supplements.
I want to keep being vegan, obviously. If anyone has any advice for me, it would be much appreciated!

Any updates? How have you been doing?