Hello

Katt

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am Kat and I would really love to make new friends here. I am not actually a vegan, I just eat healthy but I do need your help as my carnivore boyfriend was just warned by his doctor to give up any meat. So any advice on how to make it easier for him to adapt to a new diet will be most welcome. Also I have decided to eat whatever he is eating just to show my support.

Hi there!

That's quite drastic to stop, so it must be for serious health reasons and maybe includes certain fats.
It will take time for his body to adjust, but am sure these days with so much choice he won't really notice when there is no meat.

Alexia said:
Hi there!

That's quite drastic  to stop, so it must be for serious health reasons and maybe includes certain fats.
It will take time for his body to adjust, but am sure these days with so much choice he won't really notice when there is no meat.

Yes, the main problem is he used to have meat at breakfast, lunch and dinner. And sometimes snacks. So I have to find ways to make meat-free meals that are absolutely delicious in order for him not to notice.

Hello Katt, nice to meet you.
It is a good thing for you to have decided that you will support your boyfriend in transitioning from meet to other healthier options. That will help me significantly.

Maybe by making really nice smoothies, sandwiches and dips (with things like Avocado), it will not only accomplish the intake of healthy food but also really tasty.

I think you should read as much about healthy recipes online/books, and find out what nutrients/benefits certain foods actually offer, and share these information with him. It will serve as information as well as motivation.

It will take time but much can be accomplished. I hope for the best for you both :heart:

Mary and John McDougall have published several books of low-fat vegan recipes that tend to make carnivores ask for second helpings. You and he might need to check with the doctor about avoiding specific foods, but there's enough variety in each McDougall cookbook that almost everyone finds something they can safely eat.

The McDougalls have a web site, and frequently invite everyone on their e-mail list to join them at vegan social/travel events...from seminars to Pacific cruises.