Hello!

Reaction score
Figured I should introduce myself! I apparently joined the form some time in the past and forgot.... when I found the forum today when I went to register, my email was used! DOH!

So - my name is Crystal. I'm somewhere between vegan and whole food plant-based when it comes to food and lifestyle. We actually describe ourselves as cruelty-free, plant based. I do say we because my husband and I are very active - in fact, we own and operate a small farmed animal sanctuary. We do a lot in our community to try and help people understand the benefits of plant-based eating because if we can get them to change for their health - the animals benefit too!

The reason we focus on the health benefits is because of where we live. God called us to live in rural, South Central Indiana..... farm country. Good ole 'merica at its finest. People do not respect animals or the lives they could live - they do see animals as a commodity. BUT they are extremely unhealthy people and are willing to talk about plant-based eating when faced with health emergency. They also are a community of people who care for human life ... it just makes sense in the end that we are here.

I started this journey in 2016 with a health emergency of my own (on top of so many health issues its just not funny). After seeing how healthy I have become (and am still working towards), my husband joined me. Our youngest is also vegan ... so for us, its a family thing!

I do love to cook and hope to soon have a plant-based food truck on the road!

Hmmmmm not much more to share as an intro - I look forward to reading and talking with people on so many different subjects... but mostly food and animals - love them both but not together! (unless I'm sharing a sandwich with Walter Pigg... that kind of "together" is ok!).

welcome Crystal, to the forum and thank you for sharing your circumstances and journey

You sound like you have a very balanced view of both your health, the animals and the community that you live within. Kill'em with kindness, I say, and showing them how to be healthier may lead them to other points of view regarding animals and the environment too.

I look forward to hearing more about your food truck, it sounds like an amazing way to reach out to your neighbours. Be sure the horn you have in the truck does something cool like "dooonKEY" (like Shrek!) lol

Emma JC