Hello

Gaspard

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi,
I'm here because I'm tiered of arguing with people who comment videos... actually when a comment is more than two sentences long it becomes confusing for the troll army. And I'm really annoyed with that.
I thought I would ask vegans what they think about topics which seems to be controversial to many people on the Web. So I have a better understanding of what vegans think.
I discussed veganism in french on a forum dedicated to scepticism. Maybe some of you could be interested ?
I LOVE COOKING. At home I do almost all the cooking. My soul mate is "at home vegan" but she might indulge in vegetarian foods when out.
... what else? I play the double basse in classical orchestras, and I make some paintings.
I did some animal activism in the city I used to live in.
I was raised vegetarian untill two years old. But I grew up in a farm and my father started to eat meat again. So I started to eat meat. I went back to vegetarianism during an existencial crisis. Now I'm vegan.
Cheers

Last edited:
Greetings, welcome to the forum and well done going vegan!

I see you love in Grenoble - I've been there multiple times in connection with my job! Seems like a nice place. Have also been to the top of the ... Bastille? Is that what is called? I've gone up there both on foot and by the Telepherique or whatever is called, i.e. the cableway.

Bienvenue mon ami!

Skeptics aren't a problem. I prefer people to think for themselves and find their way to the facts. Those that refuse to think critically of their own and other positions are usually the trolls.

I thought I would ask vegans what they think about topics which seems to be controversial to many people on the Web. So I have a better understanding of what vegans think.
I discussed veganism in french on a forum dedicated to scepticism. Maybe some of you could be interested ?

Hi. first off, welcome.

I'm not sure you will be able to find out "what vegans think". Especially concerning controversial things.

I do think we have plenty of similarities. But plenty of differences, too. When it comes down to it we are all just people.

I too am a proponent of skepticism. People should investigate, explore, and make up their own minds. And IMHO vegans tend to be skeptical. Right? you have to be at least a little skeptical to reject all the propaganda about food we have been fed all our lives. ( hey that was a clever wordplay I did by accident).

again, welcome to the forum

I am an avid watcher of YouTube vegans and I deliberately do not comment and mostly do not even read the comments as I watch it on our main TV and it doesn't show the comments. I deliberately only watch the vegans that I agree with and therefore minimize my stress levels. I don't see the point of arguing with random trolls online ever and I appreciate that this forum is kept pretty much troll free.

I am always open to other's points of view, to an extent. I have lived a varied life with different experiences around the world, online, at work etc and so have had lots of time to know what I like and don't like and what works for me. I am open to learning new things but not to arguing old things or tolerating toxicity. When I watch a video or a show it is what is in a person's heart that matters and not necessarily what they are doing. I do watch some non-vegans, especially ones that do camping out or building off-grid cabins etc and they often eat animals, which I detest, and I often skip parts of the video so I don't have to watch.

Rambling.... my point being, welcome to a toxin-free zone and for your own mental health, don't fight with trolls. o_O

Emma JC

Reactions: Gaspard and Lou
I'm not sure you will be able to find out "what vegans think".
[...]
I do think we have plenty of similarities. But plenty of differences, too.
That what I meant. "What vegans think" included both our similarities and differences.

welcome to a toxin-free zone and for your own mental health, don't fight with trolls.
Thanks ! Yea maybe I came here because I'm bored with the trolling on so many platforms. Actuallt trolls don't affect me anymore. But I find it's a waist of time to discuss with them after all.

Reactions: Emma JC
Simnett Nutrition
Nutrition Facts .org
Krocks in the Kitchen (couple who's wfpb'ed weight loss is over 300 lbs)
Maddie Lymburner
High Carb Hannah
Mic the Vegan
Happy Pear
Eamon and Bec
Jake & Nicole Off Grid
Ellen Fisher
Family Fizz
Sarah Lemkus
Jane Esselstyn
any video with Dr Barnard in it :heart_eyes:
Happy Healthy Vegan
Plant Based News
Cooking with Plants
Pick Up Limes
Avantegarde Vegan
Brian Turner
Jon Venus
Pamela Popper
Sweet Simple Vegan
Cheap Lazy Vegan
The Matneys

and here is a link to other's favourites as well https://www.veganforum.org/threads/vegan-youtuber.2383/#post-12414

Emma JC

Reactions: Qwaychou