Hello!

Alison

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
I'm Alison, very newly vegetarian, and I reckon I'll soon be vegan. I feel like I've had a massive wake-up call which has left me wanting to do as much as I can to help and protect animals.

I've already posted in 'Products' about a leather sofa I've just had delivered, which I ordered before I got aware.

Look forward to meeting people, and hopefully getting some good advice!

Alison :)

Reactions: Damo
Hi Alison. Weirdly I've found being vegan easier than being vegetarian, and much more rewarding. We've got leather sofas as our old cat had a weak bladder, but you just have to think that you won't get anything like that in the future. I have leather boots that will just have to wear out. Any new clothes, cosmetics, soaps etc are all cruelty free. It can be a bit more expensive but I think we owe it to the animals. Try and go vegan asap, I am a much happier vegan than I was a veggie. Once you have sussed out where they keep the vegan stuff in the supermarket and Holland and Barrett, ask the sales staff, it gets easier. Also, get a really good vegan cookbook (I have Viva's - Vegetarian's International Voice for Animals) and you can have a lot of fun. Alpro does a lovely custard, and Oatley do a small carton of single 'cream'.