Hello!

Alison

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
I'm Alison, very newly vegetarian, and I reckon I'll soon be vegan. I feel like I've had a massive wake-up call which has left me wanting to do as much as I can to help and protect animals.

I've already posted in 'Products' about a leather sofa I've just had delivered, which I ordered before I got aware.

Look forward to meeting people, and hopefully getting some good advice!

Alison :)

Reactions: Damo

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Alison. Weirdly I've found being vegan easier than being vegetarian, and much more rewarding. We've got leather sofas as our old cat had a weak bladder, but you just have to think that you won't get anything like that in the future. I have leather boots that will just have to wear out. Any new clothes, cosmetics, soaps etc are all cruelty free. It can be a bit more expensive but I think we owe it to the animals. Try and go vegan asap, I am a much happier vegan than I was a veggie. Once you have sussed out where they keep the vegan stuff in the supermarket and Holland and Barrett, ask the sales staff, it gets easier. Also, get a really good vegan cookbook (I have Viva's - Vegetarian's International Voice for Animals) and you can have a lot of fun. Alpro does a lovely custard, and Oatley do a small carton of single 'cream'.