Hello!

Tick

Newcomer
Reaction score
Queensland,Australia,Earth,Sol System,Milky Way
Hi everyone.

I'm Lisa, though usually Tick or Rose; rarely use my real name, even irl.
I'm gradually moving back to a vegan diet after a few years of omnivorousness; got into a bad space mentally/emotionally/etc last time (about 12 years ago), and slid into convenience.

So I'm slowly getting back to veganism, but still eating out other stuff in my cupboard; I can't afford to waste food, no matter what it is. Plus I think wasting something that's come from an animal is worse than consuming it in the first place. Not that there's much, I never was a huge meat eater (but cheese!).

Anyway, I'm a full-time carer, I look after my dad, who has alzheimer's/dementia; a bit of a homebody; and live in the suburbs where my yard is swarming with nature; lots of birds, possums, lizards, the ocassional snake, it's quite nice here. I also have fresh mulberries and mangoes in my yard when they're in season.

I didn't have the 'net last time I was vegan, so went looking for a forum this time around, and found this place. Yey!

Hi there Tick. I live in Rocky, which area do you live in ?
I'm a full time carer to my M.I.L, she has the early stages of dementia. But she's just turned 92 and survived stomach cancer. She is a tough old girl and I think she will out live me lol.
I enjoy getting outside too, but it's not so easy at the moment giving it the time it needs. Mum doesn't want to go up and down stairs, but she can't be left on her own either.
In the lounge area I started a gardening thread, jump on in ( or start a new thread ) and tell us all about your yard adventures.

Hey alleycat, Rocky's pretty nice from what I remember of it, been about 10 years since I was up that way though.
I'm in Ipswich, so just west of Brissy.
Dad's at the point he can barely string a sentence together, doesn't remember anyone that's still alive, and gets confused about where he is all the time. But every now and then he has a moment of awareness that's really nice to see.
I don't really garden much, I just let it grow as I find the untamed wildness of it all far more beautiful than anything I could do.
A vege patch, however, will likely happen sometime soon.

Hi Tick, sorry I've been so long replying.
Mum is not as far along as your dad, we just have the same conversation over and over. Though lately she has forgotten who I am for a moment.
I'm at war with one of my neighbours for his interfering in my yard, especially in the wild area I had down the back, he thought it was ugly because it wasn't manicured like his yard and sprayed round up every where. Have started making a new wild patch on that side of the yard, and making sure that he knows I have cameras set up to watch my yard.