Hello :)

500channelsurfer

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello. I just registered to share an gain knowledge. I have been vegan for about eight years and vegetarian for about twelve (the full switch took me that long, it was a major one). When I was young I was a meat guy, but even before becoming vegetarian I realized what I was doing would eventually have to be changed as it was quite wrong.

I currently describe my food veganism as creativist rather than exclusionist: I seek to develop excellent meals from plant based sources exclusively, rather than focus on avoiding animal based foods and replacing them with vegan mock-animal replacements. For example, I rarely buy "vegan chicken" or whatever in the grocery store; I would rather buy some tempeh, produce and spices or sauces and create some new recipie from scratch.

I also try to incorporate veganism and the like in other aspects of my life, such as vegan footwear, hemp fabrics, synthetic rather than leather or wool warm clothes, etc. I have worked for several reuse-recycle companies and organizations and tried to get a few off the ground myself but at the moment I am still in conventional employment.

welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian

A transition is good no matter how long it takes - I got on and off the wagon a few times before I was able to make it stick.

Love that you are being creative with whole foods and I look forward to having you share some of your successful recipes with us.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com