US Hello

Pepgirlz

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
Hi my name is Jean and I am 66 yrs old. I have always wanted to be a vegan but life kinda got in the way, no not true I let influence get in my way. I am now becoming my own person and the transition to becoming vegan was easy, stopping meat products as really easy till March. I had back surgery and had to go to a nursing home for rehab, {well that is another story}.
I had the hardest time at meal time because they did not understand my food choice. So i comprised and had vegetation now I am finding it hard to go back to vegan. I was there for 3 months. Lots of grill cheese and can veggies.
Thank you

hello Jean and welcome to the forum

I am in the decade under you and my spouse is close to you in age so I know that permanent change is possible.

I would suggest you steep yourself in vegan things. Watch lots of vegan youtubers, there are so many great ones and some are travelling, some are building vans, some are building houses, some are making great food and showing you how. Follow Dr Greger's youtube channel and Dr Bernard :heart: (the Physician's Committe) and so many others. It definitely helps! and makes your mouth water, a lot!! lol

Emma JC