UK Hello

Tempeh tantrum

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi there, been lurking in the shadows here for a while and thought it was about time I registered and participated.

My name is Phill, I started a WFPB diet in January to lose a little weight. I watched some documentaries and started being a lot more mindful of the food I was consuming and decided that veganism was the path for me to follow.

I love cooking, make all my meals from scratch, I also make my own kraut and tempeh and have found the switch from omni to vegan to be far easier than I ever could have imagined.

Phill.

Hi there, been lurking in the shadows here for a while and thought it was about time I registered and participated.

My name is Phill, I started a WFPB diet in January to lose a little weight. I watched some documentaries and started being a lot more mindful of the food I was consuming and decided that veganism was the path for me to follow.

I love cooking, make all my meals from scratch, I also make my own kraut and tempeh and have found the switch from omni to vegan to be far easier than I ever could have imagined.

Phill.

That's exactly how I came to be a vegan. I watched Veganville, which led me to watch other documentaries, then made the switch. Like you I make all my meals from scratch - although, I do now tend to buy the occasional meat replacement product such as pies, bacon, burgers, etc. But generally have found it easy as well. The only thing I had a problem with was a milk replacement for tea (I drink copious quantities). After trial and error I found Oatley Barista and I honestly can't tell the difference now.

That's exactly how I came to be a vegan. I watched Veganville, which led me to watch other documentaries, then made the switch. Like you I make all my meals from scratch - although, I do now tend to buy the occasional meat replacement product such as pies, bacon, burgers, etc. But generally have found it easy as well. The only thing I had a problem with was a milk replacement for tea (I drink copious quantities). After trial and error I found Oatley Barista and I honestly can't tell the difference now.

I'm not really a tea drinker, I have a few cups of black coffee a day, but as a drink and on my porridge I cant get enough of the alpro hazelnut. (That's about the most processed food I currently consume).

I love the username! I also love that you've made your own tempeh. That is on my must make one day list!
Now I'm going to make some tempeh for reubens- but without my preferred rye bread :sigh:

Reactions: Tempeh tantrum
I love the username! I also love that you've made your own tempeh. That is on my must make one day list!
Now I'm going to make some tempeh for reubens- but without my preferred rye bread :sigh:
I'm constantly experimenting, so far my favourites are chickpea fermented for around 60 hours and yellow split peas fermented for around 50 hours. I've even made some out of a large bag of salted peanuts!

Reactions: Urban Gardener