Hello!

Urban Gardener

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Long-time vegan-leaning plant-based person here.

I started giving up animal products in 1992 and went completely vegetarian (mostly vegan) a year later.

I'm here because I'd like to be completely vegan, or just cut back on the small amount of animal products in my diet. I've done some one month to six month stints of veganism, but had to start eating some dairy again for nutritional and economic reasons. I want to learn more about how to eat a low cost, healthy vegan diet.

Also, as someone who took up the as-plant-based-as-possible lifestyle 28 years ago, I can offer support to others going in that direction or considering it. For me, it's been great. There's some health stuff that runs in my family. Going plant-based drastically improved my health. It also seems to have stopped the aging process. People still think I'm 14. Which is interesting. (Ok, I also dye my hair.)

When I'm not cooking or growing delicious vegan food, I'm cuddling with my dog (rescue), playing music, writing, doing art, doing photography . . . lots of things. I live to the fullest and enjoy it all.

Good to meet you!

Gardener