Hello

RabbitMad

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd post a quick hello as I've just joined :)
I'm a long-time vegetarian (on and off for most of my childhood, never liked the idea of meat once I found out what it was :yuck:- think I went fully vegetarian around my early teens?)
More recently I've been trying to head more in the vegan direction but confess I find it difficult to go all the way. I have been gradually working in that direction though and taking it very slow seems to be working for me (vs the times I've tried to do it quickly in the past and failed). Outside of food I am very conscious of buying only vegan and cruelty free (e.g fabric conditioner, toothpaste, soap, cleaning products etc)

I'm an animal lover - and yes, genuinely rabbit mad. I've had 11 of them over the years! Mine are all house rabbits and run the place 😂 talk to me about rabbits at your own peril - I may never stop! I also have a syrain hamster who I adore and a pond full of goldfish (quite the surprise when we moved in nearly a year ago!) who all keep me very busy. I am a full time carer for two disabled family members so between everyone I'm kept quite busy (mostly the rabbits haha - they're very demanding!)

I look forward to hopefully posting here more in the future and getting to know you all :)

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd post a quick hello as I've just joined :)
I'm a long-time vegetarian (on and off for most of my childhood, never liked the idea of meat once I found out what it was :yuck:- think I went fully vegetarian around my early teens?)
More recently I've been trying to head more in the vegan direction but confess I find it difficult to go all the way. I have been gradually working in that direction though and taking it very slow seems to be working for me (vs the times I've tried to do it quickly in the past and failed). Outside of food I am very conscious of buying only vegan and cruelty free (e.g fabric conditioner, toothpaste, soap, cleaning products etc)

I'm an animal lover - and yes, genuinely rabbit mad. I've had 11 of them over the years! Mine are all house rabbits and run the place 😂 talk to me about rabbits at your own peril - I may never stop! I also have a syrain hamster who I adore and a pond full of goldfish (quite the surprise when we moved in nearly a year ago!) who all keep me very busy. I am a full time carer for two disabled family members so between everyone I'm kept quite busy (mostly the rabbits haha - they're very demanding!)

I look forward to hopefully posting here more in the future and getting to know you all :)
Hello :wave: and :welcome:

Welcome, RabbitMad! Glad to have you on board. I hope you'll enjoy VV as much as the rest of us :)

I think I wanted to be a rabbit when I was little, and I already had the big front teeth :p Rabbits are lovely little creatures.

Congrats on your decision to go vegan! Veganism is an excellent way of living & eating. I was also a long-time vegetarian with one previous attempt at going vegan before it finally worked out. And now I have a whole little family of vegans - my wife has been vegan for about as long as myself, and our daughter has been vegan her whole life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val