US Hello y’all

Fl33d0

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone! (14M here (sorry my birthday is wrong on my profile)) I’m a fairly new vegan (1.5 years) but ever since I learned about the horrors of factory farming I switched from being vegetarian (which I was since I was 9) to being vegan. I’m a highschool student and I don’t know I single other vegan (or vegetarian for that matter) irl so I’ve been getting pretty burnt out only being surrounded by carnists. I joined here hoping to interact with people who’s morals align with my own and being able to talk about the animal rights movement with people who actually care. Hopefully I can contribute something as well! I make art and bake :)

Hi and welcome, FI33d0. (Not perhaps the most memorable or “nice to get to know you” of usernames you have is it? :)

Glad to hear you enjoy baking. Are you into cakes yet? Love to hear of your experiences with them. You must have come across the “You can’t make a decent cake without an egg” comment that is always directed against vegans. You’ll find tons of useful tips and baking recipes on this forum.

Roger.

hello and welcome to the forum

Congrats on being so aware at age 14 and deciding to do something about it!

You have joined a great community and we look forward to being of help to you and to your contributions.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Welcome.
Sorry to hear that you don't know any other vegans in real life. Hopefully in future you'll find an activist group or at least some friends who share the same values.

Welcome!

Which Bay Area are you in?

I"m in the SF Bay Area. On the peninsula.

Welcome!

Which Bay Area are you in?

I"m in the SF Bay Area. On the peninsula.
Same! Which I’m honestly super grateful for because it’s one of the most vegan places in the US and kinda the world (?)

Same! Which I’m honestly super grateful for because it’s one of the most vegan places in the US and kinda the world (?)
You think? I hear its even better in LA, Portland, and NYC.
But the other vegans here think I'm spoiled. so maybe you are right.

What do you think is the significance of the Divider on the ALF Coat of Arms? and what is that other thing? A scythe?

You think? I hear its even better in LA, Portland, and NYC.
But the other vegans here think I'm spoiled. so maybe you are right.

What do you think is the significance of the Divider on the ALF Coat of Arms? and what is that other thing? A scythe?
I think the divider is a heavy duty bolt cutter or plier of some sorts so I imagine it’s supposed to show what they use in order to get into the properties. As for the other thing I believe it’s a pry bar also used to break in. I just really liked how the tools formed the A in the anarchy symbol but still tied it back to animal rights :)

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou