Hello to you all.

Paul80

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi there,

I'm new to this and I'm looking to change my lifestyle eating wise. The only problem I have with a vegan diet is that I'm allergic to nuts and most recipes I've seen have nuts in them. Some help on this would be much appreciated.

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year when it comes round.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey Paul80,

A lot of recipes for vegan cheese and cheese sauce substitutes feature the use of cashews and other nuts, but they're certainly not critical to a vegan diet. Can you eat coconut?

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Hello Paul, and welcome to VF! Congrats on your decision to switch your diet!

Quite a lot of vegan recipes can be made without nuts. Are you allergic to all types of nuts?

Oh you'll be fine without nuts! Any particular ones? I always get confused as cashews aren't a nut, nor peanuts.

Hi there,

I'm new to this and I'm looking to change my lifestyle eating wise. The only problem I have with a vegan diet is that I'm allergic to nuts and most recipes I've seen have nuts in them. Some help on this would be much appreciated.

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year when it comes round.

Thanks,

Paul

You need to keep looking, there are tons of recipes that don't contain nuts.

welcome @Paul80

Congrats on your decision to take control of your health and to therefore help the animals and the environment.

Nuts are a very minor player in eating vegan or eating a whole food plant-based lifestyle.

Dr Greger has a new book out that you may wish to consider looking for at your local library "How Not to Diet" and that and books by any of the other plant-based doctors like Dr Esselstyn, Rip Esselstyn, Dr McDougall, etc can be very helpful. Also, if you google vegan "what I eat in a day youtube" you will find endless numbers of vegans who document what they eat on a regular basis and most of it is simple...

Happy New Year! welcome to veganuary, Emma JC

Reactions: Lou