Hello. I am a New Member

Jennifer Hook

Newcomer
Reaction score
I am new to being completely Vegan. I have never been a big meat eater but am ashamedly guilty of eating it. To be fair, I was raised having to hunt to help feed the family. My youngest daughter became vegetarian over three years ago and within the year decided to go all the way Vegan. She is a strict convert. She eats no processed sugar, honey, nothing that can be viewed as an animal product or processed in any way with animal products. I have learned a great amount cooking for her these past few years. In January, due to some health issues, I have gone gluten-free and vegan. My daughter, to make it somewhat easier on me, joined me in gluten-free as well. Funny the only thing that I really crave is bread. I have not been able to find any store-bought or a recipe for homemade that tastes good to me. My daughter is somewhat jealous because she craved fish and a few other foods that we had a time finding good substitutes for. So if anyone has a really good bread recipe that they are willing to share, please I am desperate. :blush: I am proud of my daughter and how she has stuck to her ideals even with my husband, her father, not supporting it and still eating meat within the household. So life here is somewhat complicated but we will trudge on and continue to work on staying healthy and staying vegan. Besides, I have lost nearly thirty pounds since January :exclamation: so I am definitely not giving up.

Well, this recipe (which has appeared in other places in the past) was scheduled to show up on 3/20/15. I've bumped it out into the world just for you.

http://priscillaking.blogspot.com/2015/03/grandma-bonnie-peterss-gluten-free-rice.html

It bakes and tastes more like biscuits than like sandwich bread...in twenty years I've never found a gluten-free substitute for sandwich bread I liked. Then again I never was really keen about the taste of sandwich bread anyway. I now use leaf lettuce for the outsides of sandwiches.

Oh my, thank you for bringing it into the world early. I will definitely try it later today. I prefer biscuits to white bread, love cornbread but being vegan too complicates that recipe some. I have however, managed one that both my daughter and I like well enough. We use lettuce wraps, it is just sometimes, I want a piece of toast with apple butter. I will let you know how it turns out. Again, thank you.

Welcome to the community! I'm sure a lot of people can help you specially with vegan gluten free bread recipes! I'm not a full blown vegan but I do want to eliminate gluten in my diet. This is the hardest part for me because it seems that gluten are just everywhere! And high fructose corn syrup!