Hello I’m new

Idoffa223

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
F938F45F-F1BF-449D-A54C-F15F97AF9E75.jpegHello so I do ffa and I’m a meat eater and I just recently took home my goat becuase I didn’t have the heart to let a sweet goat like him get treated in a slaughter house I can not bare the thought of his sweet face in a place like that so I used all my savings to buy him back becuase my dad wanted me to sell him and I said nope I will not leave my best friend alone and I bought him back his name is Clyde and I’m Leilani :)
111DC9E4-27D5-4C7D-BF0B-4B6CEBE98DD1.jpeg

Attachments

• 0DDD10BA-D622-4280-A116-1496BC767708.jpeg
    0DDD10BA-D622-4280-A116-1496BC767708.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
hello so I do ffa and I’m a meat eater and I just recently took home my goat
Hi, welcome aboard.

You probably know this but there are small companies that have goats they use for "brush removal".

You might be able to sell them your goat. or hire him out to them. or maybe you can start your own brush clearing business.

Hi, welcome aboard.

You probably know this but there are small companies that have goats they use for "brush removal".

You might be able to sell them your goat. or hire him out to them. or maybe you can start your own brush clearing business.

Oh nooo I’m keeping him forever he’s my best friend

Nice goat! Is that an Anglo-Nubian goat, by any chance?

Welcome to the forum!
No he’s a Boer goat but my dad breeds goats and many other animals. i can ask him if we have that breeds that kind of goat because a lot of our does just kidded about 280 does kidded last night and this morning

No he’s a Boer goat
Ah, that explains it - I thought he looked a bit African! I saw some Anglo-Nubians at a sanctuary near here not long ago.

a lot of our does just kidded about 280 does
That sounds like a lot! My old boss is a sheep farmer. Well, his parents are, but he helped out sometimes, especially during lambing which is apparently a lot of work. I assume it's similar with goats. There was also some "science" involved in predicting when the lambing will happen (which meant he had to take off work and travel to the farm), and all the sows somehow gave birth within the same short window of just a few days.

Ah, that explains it - I thought he looked a bit African! I saw some Anglo-Nubians at a sanctuary near here not long ago.

That sounds like a lot! My old boss is a sheep farmer. Well, his parents are, but he helped out sometimes, especially during lambing which is apparently a lot of work. I assume it's similar with goats. There was also some "science" involved in predicting when the lambing will happen (which meant he had to take off work and travel to the farm), and all the sows somehow gave birth within the same short window of just a few days.
Hey sorry I couldn’t get back faster we’re preparing our horses to go into foal we have about 100 rescue pregnant mares who are going into foal and we’re getting them all heated up plus other animals in the barns becuase it’s gonna get super cold here in Texas really soon.