Hello, good morning, and happy 4th!!!

Total Rebuild

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hello,
I'm a Brit living in Texas and after doing some research, some soul searching, and some contemplation I find myself on the precipice of taking the stem from avid meat eater, backyard chef, meat smoker and BBQ lover, to a whole foods plant based diet.

I have no friend or family who are even veggie so I know I've some tough times ahead with no one to fall back on for support and advise. Found this forum with a quick google search but it does seem a little quiet.

I'm sure there is plenty of historical advise here to be accessed with the search function, but are there many people around here on a day to day basis for questions, conversation etc?

Thanks

Hey TR! I'm new here too and it is a quiet little forum. Not much like other chat forums I've frequented. But that's OK, it is still a great resource for all things vegan or most things vegan. Congratulations on your transition from British food to actual food. :) I lived in Leeds for about 6 months and tried pretty much every dish I could find in pubs and friend's homes. Not a fan of the cuisine I have to say.

On the other hand, you moved to what some call the meat capital of the world. Texas loves its beef. You're going to have a tough time mingling with the locals if you head down the vegan path. If you don't already live there, I'd suggest moving to Austin, Tx. :)

I have to add that after over 6 months of a vegan diet, I couldn't be more happy I made the change. As long as you don't try to be too strict and allow yourself to transition while making some mistakes, you will do fine. I became vegan mainly for the health benefits but there are so many reasons that make so much sense. Cruelty to animals, the environment, sustainability,...pick your poison. They all make sense.

PM