Hello from Nova Scotia

Hi, Kathy. Welcome Aboard!

When I was growing up my parents would sometimes bring home Nova Scotia Lox for us to have on bagels and cream cheese. I liked Nova Scotia lox better than the regular lox - less salty.

Last week I was all nostalgic and got Miyoko's cashew milk cream cheese with Fish Free Lox. Afterwards I decided it would taste better without the lox flavoring.

I'd have bagels and cream cheese more often but when I buy cream cheese I pretty much have to have a bagel every other day - or it goes bad. So its only once in a while that I get it. Oddly it wasn't till today that I realized you could have a bagel and cream cheese sandwich for lunch sometimes too.

welcome to the forum Kathy

It is always nice to welcome a fellow Canadian and thank you for your service.

Some day I am going to make it to your beautiful province...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Kathy Lauren
I live in Nova Scotia.

First of all welcome to the forum!

May I ask are you originally from NS or do you just live there now?

I'm quite fond of NS. I was born and raised there, myself. It has been many decades though since I've even visited. Nonetheless, it will always be a place I hold very dear to my heart.

May I ask are you originally from NS or do you just live there now?

No, I am a CFA. (For anyone not from here, that means a "Come From Away". Meaning I am not from here.)

My wife was born here. She has moved around a lot, but Nova Scotians are like salmon: they always return to the place of their birth. I knew we would eventually move here.

Welcome, KL!

Would be interested to hear stories from your life or career! I also work in IT.
Not really any interesting stories from IT. ;) I have a few "There I was" stories from my Air Force days.

My wife and I lived on an island off the west coast of Canada for a few years. It was kind of a hippie paradise: lots of actual hippies and draft-dodgers from the 1960s. Being vegan there was considered normal. They had regular vegan community put-luck dinners at the community hall. Even non-vegan dinners, like the annual Christmas dinner, had vegan options, labelled as such.

Merry meet and welcome.
I find Buddhism very interesting! It's awesome that the monastics at the Plum Village often times bring up the importance of going vegan. I'm sure they reach a wide audience and are able to awaken compassion towards non human animals in the hearts of many Buddhists. And Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo also often speaks about the same thing, even reminding people that insects are also important to include within the circle of compassion.

Hi Kathy, and welcome to VF! I so want to visit Nova Scotia someday. My sister took a hiking trip there a few years back and said it was just gorgeous.

Reactions: Kathy Lauren