Hello from Northern Ireland

KDA83

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hey everyone :)

I just joined yesterday and realised I never introduced myself. I am KDA from Northern Ireland or the Emerald Isle as most refer it too :)

I have recently went vegan about 2 weeks ago after being Pescatarian for almost 2 years. I have always wanted to follow the vegan diet first and foremost because of my ethics.

Due to concerning health issues such as Osteoporosis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa or (HS) for short which is a long-term skin condition that causes abscesses and severe scarring of the skin.

Along with Hypertension and underactive thyroid I wasn't sure how I could go about keeping my health in order and following the vegan diet.

However to my surprise and my medical teams on the fence approach about the vegan diet was challenged. My vitamin and mineral intake is on point much better than it's ever been. My blood work has been more or less perfect.

This year I promised myself to go vegan for good, embrace it fully and if a challenge arises I'd find a solution that allows me to keep to my ethics not just for the environment/animals or planet but for my own wellbeing.

I endured 32 years of abuse and after being freed from it, no one animal or human should be without a voice. Or be denied a life in which we all have the right to fight for human and animal alike.

Even though I am a complete newbie to the vegan community I am glad I have joined such a welcoming and warm forum.

KDA x

Welcome on board! And well done choosing the vegan lifestyle! I hope it works out for you, and don't be shy to ask us any questions you might have.

Sounds like you had a challenging voyage in life so far, so fingers crossed it will be calmer seas and plain sailing from here onwards!

Reactions: vesper818 and KDA83
Welcome on board! And well done choosing the vegan lifestyle! I hope it works out for you, and don't be shy to ask us any questions you might have.

Sounds like you had a challenging voyage in life so far, so fingers crossed it will be calmer seas and plain sailing from here onwards!

Thank you! :) I hope to contribute regularly to the forum as I recently had wonderful advice this far from David and Lou, don't feel like I am stumbling in the dark on supplements :)

It's been a long challenging voyage but things have greatly improved since and I am currently writing a book to help others 😊

Being without a voice myself really opened my eyes to the vegan community and I am so happy to be apart of it :)