Hello from new zealand!

sharko23

Newcomer
Reaction score
It's great to be part of this group!

I'm really excited to see more vegan products becoming available in New Zealand. We don't have a whole foods but the regular supermarkets are looking a lot more vegan friendly lately:)

Reactions: Lou
hi and welcome

Just a reminder that fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, pastas, most breads, rice, all grains etc are vegan.

Emma JC

Reactions: sharko23
I might add that we have a Whole Foods grocery here, where I live, and I rarely shop there. In fact I could count on one hand how many times I've been in there, and all because of the exorbitant prices. In my humble opinion, Whole Foods is way overrated.

The truth is here in Canada they really don't have much vegan specialty stuff, anyways, and not that I'm much into vegan processed foods, anyhow. To be quite honest, I really don't get the attraction. It's just a name, that sounds better than it is. If you actually stuck to the name, as in eating 'whole foods', then any grocery store is vegan.

I don't know if US stores are much different, but from what I've seen, I'd rather shop at my local grocery, where they actually have good produce sales. So no big loss on the Whole Foods, IMHO.

Agree completely with you, Veganite. I went to Whole Foods about 10 years ago and never went back.

Our local Loblaws stores carry everything I could possibly want and there are numerous health food grocery stores available (we are blessed here) that carry everything else. Bulk nutritional yeast is the only thing that Loblaws doesn't carry that the other stores do. It is sooo much less expensive in bulk, it just doesn't have B12 added, that I know of.

Emma JC

Me being from New York has made me forget the struggle for others but don't worry people are becoming more self aware and can't wait till Whole foods comes to New Zealand

Hello and Welcome!

I was born in NewZealand. My parents were travelling at the time. My Brother was conceived in Paris and born in New Zealand. I left New Zealand when I was one year old and cannot remember anything about it.