Hello from Manchester

NeutronBen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone,

Just joined and thought I'd say a quick hello.

I'm Ben. I've been vegan since 2003, vegetarian from 1997.

I'm 36, live in Manchester (originally from North Yorkshire), work as a research scientist, live on a boat, play guitar, am a HUGE fan of REM, and love sitcoms.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

welcome Ben - wow, the voice of experience on living as a vegan for sure!

Do you live on a boat in the canals? I have watched a couple of videos of people who do and find it fascinating. Do you have a youtube channel?

Looking forward to your contributions.

Emma JC

Reactions: NeutronBen
Welcome, Ben!

What sort of science are you doing? Is it something to do with neutrons by any chance? I work at a science facility utilising photons, but we have a neutron facility next door :)

Reactions: NeutronBen
welcome Ben - wow, the voice of experience on living as a vegan for sure!

Do you live on a boat in the canals? I have watched a couple of videos of people who do and find it fascinating. Do you have a youtube channel?

Looking forward to your contributions.

Emma JC

Hi Emma,

I do indeed. We're on the Macclesfield Canal. No youtube channel though - there are too many others who do a way better job than I ever could :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Welcome, Ben!

What sort of science are you doing? Is it something to do with neutrons by any chance? I work at a science facility utilising photons, but we have a neutron facility next door :)

Sounds interesting. What kind of thing are you working on? I take it you're at Harwell?

I'm a neutron star astrophysicist.